Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC Conversion

perk423

Hi

Had the usual problems with the AHC on my 100LC, height control switch fault and now fluid leaking all over the rear axle unit, dont think the bleedscrews on the actuator are likely to come open either, so think I'm going to convert.
Can anyone refer me to a good write up or maybe PDF instructions on removal of the old torsion bars and seting up of the new bars please.

Andy

Hi

Had the usual problems with the AHC on my 100LC, height control switch fault and now fluid leaking all over the rear axle unit, dont think the bleedscrews on the actuator are likely to come open either, so think I'm going to convert.
Can anyone refer me to a good write up or maybe PDF instructions on removal of the old torsion bars and seting up of the new bars please.

Andy
https://www.pedders.co.uk/info-toyota-landcruiser-100-series

See if you can get a S/H set off a GX 100 series, that setup will give the best ride. I've that sort of setup on my Aussie import and the ride is very comfortable. My only experience of Pedders was a set on my Collie and the ride was very hard and a contributing factor in me getting rid.

Thanks for replies all. I've decided to go down the route of Pedders conversion. Probably going to keep this car next ten years or so. Keeping AHC in order would, I think, be an expensive PITA.

I've had a look underneath at the torsion bar mounting points, they are of course the usual rusty mess.

I'm too old now for rolling about underneath belting things with hammers, so I'm going to introduce the torsion bar to Mr. Angle Grinder

Plan is to cut them just after the mounting bracket and just before the adjuster arm then press out the splined ends.

Is the plan sound or have I missed something ?

Appreciate any input.

Andy

Speak to the guys at West Coast, they offer the Ironman suspension in many different spring rates with three different options on shocks. They also run 100 series as personal vehicles with the conversion done.

http://www.ironman4x4.com/

Back