Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC versions

Alrightchief

Hi All was going to bleed my AHC my self but I have now been told for the version of AHC I have I would need a special pressure pump which is only available for Toyota dealers and the cost todo is quite high..

anyone else hear of such a thing? Mine is AHC with KDSS

Cheers

I have not heard that before, I have flushed or bleed the system by raising the suspension to high stopping the car and carefully release the bleed screws one at a time and the weight of the car forces the fluid/air out each time
Be careful as the car will drop once the screw is opened and make sure the tank stays full so as not to introduce any air to the system
Lastly the only correct oil is from Toyota.

If you have a 100-series, you do not have kdss. kdss is what you find on the 150 and the 200 series, and includes a sway-bar disconnect.
You have an ahc-tems hydro-pneumatic suspension system with gas springs and adjustable valving, in combination with normal steel springs. There is no problem bleeding the system without any special tools.

I have said this to me T but he was adamant it had kdss thanks for the reassurance. Not good when mr T doesn’t know what he’s doing!

Unfortunately it is not unusual for Mr T to not understand AHC. Probably the mechanic who went on the AHC training course in 1998 has left and the new one has no idea about 100's because he has been on the 150 \ 200 training course. He has probably seen the car has something that looks a bit like kdss and just assumed it is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfortunately it is not unusual for Mr T to not understand AHC. Probably the mechanic who went on the AHC training course in 1998 has left and the new one has no idea about 100's because he has been on the 150 \ 200 training course. He has probably seen the car has something that looks a bit like kdss and just assumed it is.

I did say close to that but he got shirty with me and I thought best not to anger him he was adamant..

Back