Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

air bags

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Is it possible to fit air bags to the suspension of an an 80 ... i have this idea of being able to lift the truck while offroad and lower to use on the normal roads ..

my questions are .....
1. is it possble.
2. would it take much to do

Not going to lift at all though.
They are designed to firm up suspension for towing.

They reduce sag so do give lift, but are not supposed to be inflated under pressure - I don't know why. I tried inflating mine from 5 to 20 psi under pressure (fridge, trailer, etc) a few weeks ago, and the rear lifted about 1"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lots of us have them on already Carl, so yes they fit and they do work very well. They do lift the truck noticeably. I can get 2" measured from tyre to bottom of wheel arch between deflated and inflated. Easily levels out the rear if heavily loaded with guff. They do come in different sizes so if you have a lift, make sure you get the right size.

Can be set up a number of ways. Both inflated, single inflation, in cab control, airline plug in...etc etc.

They are also very robust and on my truck with 2.5tons over rear axle have taken a real pounding when my shocks "popped" and the bags took up the slack so to speak.

Back