Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air con for 80 series required

Well Call Me a hypocrite.. But after a slog up through France... Finally Decided after a year to get the 120s Air con re gassed.. Re Gas and Oil top up £60... Only because Clare was Moaning it was too Hot :lol:.. Its too Bloody cold Now...... Shame on me after all iv said about Air con. Luckily my LC5 Has the old type Gas...:thumbup:

Make the most of it, because the new gas will disappear out of the same hole the original gas escaped through.

When it’s warm, I like the AC on a bit. I don’t have any fancy climate control system in my Euro spec 80, so all I need to do is press the AC button and select a fan speed that suits me and the heat.

It was 36C today and I was quite comfy with the AC on the lowest fan speed, enough to keep my hands from sweating and a coolish breeze on my face, but not enough to feel cold.

Just right:thumbup:

I think it’s a mistake to try to bring the car temp down to 23 or whatever inside, it’s pretty much a losing battle unless you have a Siberian north easterly howling through the truck, which is not nice.

Sorry to add to this old post.
For me I agree open the windows and enjoy the views. Never had a car with ac all the years I lived in Portugal and even when in marroco never missed it.
But with young family and 2 trips to Portugal, its reallymmore to be able to have the windows closed and the a gentle chill .
I really want to try find out prices to have one fitted. And I've also decided I wouldn't see the car .

Luis, this guy can do it though I don't know if it is any use to you :
https://www.alrbelgium.com/
I saw the parts while he was working on a french van. As his clients are international, I assume he must have a good reputation.

I saw the parts while he was working on a french van. As his clients are international, I assume he must have a good reputation.

Thank you Peter, I will get in touch, second option for me would be to fit the ac from a donor 80, apparently all the cabling is in place already.

Thanks again.
Luis

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Luis 80 if you go for 80 series parts for the AC make sure you go for 12v parts for a 12v and 24v parts for a 24v respectively.. as when I swapped my 12v for a 24v the ac components weren't interchangeable.... be a bugger if you get the incorrect parts..

Thanks for that, I've been thinking of buying my friends 80 but decided not to because it does not have A/C, seeing that these guys are 5km from me it might be worth a look.

@Luis 80 if you go for 80 series parts for the AC make sure you go for 12v parts for a 12v and 24v parts for a 24v respectively.. as when I swapped my 12v for a 24v the ac components weren't interchangeable.... be a bugger if you get the incorrect parts..
That's a good shout, mine is the 24v!

Thanks for that, I've been thinking of buying my friends 80 but decided not to because it does not have A/C, seeing that these guys are 5km from me it might be worth a look.
Let me know what kind of price and guarantee they can offer

Is there a difference between a 12v and a 24v. Regarding the a/c pump its self...?

The components are made out of GOLD! It appears! Lol

I can provide drawings, pictures, schematics, part numbers... for the complete AC system for a 24v 80 based on a Zexel DKS-15CH compressor (donor vehicle is Volvo S40, available at junkyards).

Is there a difference between a 12v and a 24v. Regarding the a/c pump its self...?

The 12v a/c pump doesn't fit on the 24v, the orientation of the pipe work and the recharge point touches the curve out of the 24v cylinder head. Also the fittings are smaller on the 24v set up... it's a right pita!

The 12v a/c pump doesn't fit on the 24v, the orientation of the pipe work and the recharge point touches the curve out of the 24v cylinder head. Also the fittings are smaller on the 24v set up... it's a right pita!
Cheers Iwan... Iv got a spare air con pump off my 12v, I was gonna save it just in case it was compatible for the 24v...Il Probably ebay it....

Tried to send in conversations... (But wouldn't work) For Lorin...
ac.JPG
ac1.JPG
ac2.JPG

I can provide drawings, pictures, schematics, part numbers... for the complete AC system for a 24v 80 based on a Zexel DKS-15CH compressor (donor vehicle is Volvo S40, available at junkyards).

Thank you, that would be great if you don't mind.

Back