Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air con help!

Luis 80

Garage
Country Flag
portugal
Hi all,

Looking for some desperate help, hate asking the obvious questions, brother is retro fitting the a/c to the 1995, diesel, 80 from a donor car same year.
He's used the diagram for help, so far all went okish in the engine compartment, but inside he came stuck on this pipe, can, anyone help on some guidance, we know it goes to the temperature sensor the little slot next to the temperature/climate control.
Pics attached.

He's in Portugal, suffering on 40c, truck been there for some work since March for some mechanical work.
He does rebuild classic cars as a "hobbie" so he's a great help

Many thanks in advance
Luis

Attachments

• IMG-20220724-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20220724-WA0017.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 22
Not sure if this will be much help but the other end of that contains a temperature sensor that gets connected to the climate control unit. The hose actually sucks a little air past the sensor so as to sample cabin air so I can only guess the other end fits into the side of the air ducting roughly behind the ash tray (or possibly behind the climate control) judging by the crank in the pipe. I can post up some pics of the outer screen position (where it samples the air from) if necessary.

Thanks, somehow can't find where the connection goes (red circle on the pic). Still a bit of a struggle, so far and so close, will go a miracle if it works for me as anything I want to get done somehow never goes as planned, I have found out on another post here, can disable the auto to manual climate control on the back of the unit for the climate control.
If you can post any pics that would be great

Seems like the pipe goes here (pic below), trying to locate where it's located at, as most of it was in place.

Any quick tip where this is located?
TIA
20220724_225035.jpg

The AC will still work OK without it connected however the 'auto' mechanism will be erratic, setting the control manually will keep the car cool, but compensation will be a little off.

Regards

Dave

Thanks, I did wonder without how would work. Let's see how we get on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back