Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air Condition Controls In Active for 23 seconds

GotLandCruiser

I live in a hot climate. This is my first LandCruiser. it is a 2010 model.

When I turn on the car I cannot activate the AC for 23 seconds. Is that normal?

Doesn't sound normal to me - my airconditioning can be turned on immediately after starting the engine. I do not have to wait 23 seconds for the HVAC system to respond to my input.

What engine does your vehicle have - is it the turbo diesel V8, the petrol V8 or the petrol V6? Maybe the 200 Series with the V6 engine might be programmed to behave differently to the V8 models.

Does this happen everytime you start the engine, regardless of the coolant temperature, or does this 23 second delay only happen if you start a cold engine?

If I turn off the car and then back on it works immediately. After about 20 minutes of being off, it has a 23 second delay.

I'm in the US if that makes a difference on the engine. It is a V8 petrol. Is there such a thing as a delay relay for the AC compressor?

I just received a call from the service dealer. He said it is the normal behavior. I wonder if it is a relay that I can swap with an older model.

Found the problem. I wanted to share in the event someone else runs into this issue. In order to prove it to the dealer I had to find a dealer with another 2010 model on premise. They called Toyota and found the issue.
"Cooler Stabilizer Amplifier." "tech found code b1442 air inlet servo malfunction. Tested according to tis and pulsing ok, a/c amplifier internal failure. replaced a/c amplifier assembly." Works now as it should.

Found the problem. I wanted to share in the event someone else runs into this issue. In order to prove it to the dealer I had to find a dealer with another 2010 model on premise. They called Toyota and found the issue.
"Cooler Stabilizer Amplifier." "tech found code b1442 air inlet servo malfunction. Tested according to tis and pulsing ok, a/c amplifier internal failure. replaced a/c amplifier assembly." Works now as it should.

Thanks for the post! I have exactly the same problem. Where do I find the A/C amplifier?
Thanks in advance! Thomas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Everyone. I dreaded a similar problem recently with V8 Station Wagon, model 2017, running on petrol. On6th August 2021, the vehicle was sent to the dealer for general maintenance. When i received the vehicle, i noticed that the AC is taking 25-30 seconds to start (in multiple start-ups the AC starts immediately, however start-up after 20-30 minutes, AC takes 25-30 seconds to start). Before sending the vehicle for general maintenance, this problem never existed in the mentioned scenario. Upon resending the vehicle and re-consulting the dealer, I was informed that this is the climate control function of this vehicle and it is normal. This justification of the dealer is hard to believe for me as the problem never existed prior to general maintenance. I have gone through the thread shared here, regarding this problem. Now i need the guidance on how to convince the dealer to take the responsibility and act accordingly to rectify this error once and for all, without imposing any extra charge to me since it is not my mistake.

Back