Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air Fresheners, which ones do you rate

warrenpfo

This is always a topic for debate but I like to use the ones that you stick down the side of the car door so they out of sight and cant handle those that hang from the rear-view mirror and look like fruit or xmas trees.

I find ones for the home work best.

Any other different opinions.

This could become an important thread for me after MUX got slightly flooded over the weekend with some filthy bog water...

Had the mats on the drive this evening with the hosepipe on them - debating whether to turn the hose to the inside as well... Smelled quite musty on the way home from work this evening...

Can you still hire carpet cleaners from B&Q? Did my 80 with one years ago when it got a bit stinky ;)

The giant magic tree (vanillaroma) always works well in my cars. That or febreze spiced apple on the carpets...especially after I was treated to a broken bottle of pinot grigio all over my hilux rear carpet...try explaining the smell of booze to the copper that stops you at 3:30 on a sunday morning :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Can you still hire carpet cleaners from B&Q?
I was thinking about one of those - we have used them from time to time from a local dry cleaners after the kids have had a messy few days... Actually :think: looking around the lounge now, we could be due another punt with one this weekend... :whistle:

Ecoman said:
try explaining the smell of booze to the copper that stops you at 3:30 on a sunday morning
Dead easy Eco... 'Jusht on my way to schursch Oshifer Dibble...' :doh:

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":1xa6e8zz]Dead easy Eco... 'Jusht on my way to schursch Oshifer Dibble...' :doh:
[/quote:1xa6e8zz]

Or contanoon aftable :D

Oh and sorry about sending this as a pm to you Gav.....too many rums tonight me thinks :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Can you still hire carpet cleaners from B&Q? Did my 80 with one years ago when it got a bit stinky ;)

I used one on my carpets last weekend from homebase. They called rugdoctor cost £24 for 24 hours or £29 for the weekend. Depending on how dirty your carpets are i would get the 5l of cleaner at £19 i think it was.

Did a great job on the tailgate cover and the boot carpet but found that the brush that moves back and forth did leave a funny pattern in the carpet that took ages to hoover out when dry.

You battle to use it on the main carpet as its moulded and so I laid it out on the garden table and used a bottle of vanish and washing powder mix and my hands. Did a great job and left a very nice smell. Once you have scrubbed it in and given it a good once over leave it for half an hour and then give it a good soaking with a hose pipe or a jet wash if you have one and then use the hand attachment with the rugdoctor to start sucking all the water out.

Had to hang mine in the house to dry over 3 days.

Hope this helps.

We've been hacked! It would appear the Fiat 500 Owners' Appreciation Club has infiltrated the Land Cruiser Club. :mrgreen:

This thread should be merged with the "Does your vanity mirror have a light bulb" that EckyThump started..

Ecoman said:
Gav Peter said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":3mm9ipqd]Dead easy Eco... 'Jusht on my way to schursch Oshifer Dibble...' :doh:

Or contanoon aftable :D

Oh and sorry about sending this as a pm to you Gav.....too many rums tonight me thinks :doh:[/quote:3mm9ipqd]
Ha ha, no worries dude - I was going to pm you to see what was in the deleted pm but :cool: no need now!!! :lol:

warrenpfo said:
Air Fresheners, which ones do you rate
:shock: :shock: :shock: Really :!: :p

Crispin said:
We've been hacked! It would appear the Fiat 500 Owners' Appreciation Club has infiltrated the Land Cruiser Club. :mrgreen:

This thread should be merged with the "Does your vanity mirror have a light bulb" that EckyThump started..
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm with you :thumbup: WTF :!: Air fresheners :?: :!: :roll: :lol:

Tear out the carpet & burn it using @ least 3/4 of a can of fuel then use the remaining fuel to liberally wash out all remaining surfaces finishing off with a thin even coat of EP90 :thumbup: Jobs a good'un :D No more musty smell :dance:

This is the slippery slop towards a topic on male grooming :lol: ;)

NB - In case anyone’s interested I've been told that Laura Ashley make a very pleasantly scented organic range of ozone kind atomisers in a pleasing range of fragrances :oops: I also get my NO NO NO sorry a m8 of mine gets his after shave balm & moisturiser from Liz Earl again very pleasant apparently :shhh: :whistle:

I use a fragrance called 2 wet Labradors, the older one also adds the odd fart.

my favourite - eau de warm chainsaw - that unmistakable smell of petrol,burnt two stroke oil and pine resin.

goodoldboy said:
my favourite - eau de warm chainsaw - that unmistakable smell of petrol,burnt two stroke oil and pine resin.

Yep that's the one to cure the winter blues.

Car fresheners and landcruisers :naughty:

I use Eau de Tilley Hat: a weird and wonderfull mix of DWX 31 antirust fogging oil, Citronella oil and BBQ smoke.

Back