Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aircon dryer & what a stupid place to put it.

Well the oil is guess work as even God can't tell how much is left in the system. I would guess to take the recommended oil addition for pump volume in the FWM then add a couple more. A little extra will not hurt. One could drain the pump and see if there is the correct amount in and then assume the system has full volume. If not multiply up for each component and add the total obtained. Good idea to part the middle joint enough to get the o ring over the dowels but cleaning up the grooves in that position difficult.

Chris I'm not getting on your case I'm just fascinated by these repair threads. I knew nothing about a/c until Richard and Dave were patient enough to give me all their knowledge.

I'll stick some pics up once I get to it Frank. But as I said, this isn't really about the compressor at all. It's just the end covers. It's like changing and exhaust manifold gasket. Not quite the same as taking the head to bits ...

Mine was fine for a while after we fixed all the leaks. It was ice cold in Morocco (wasn't that a film?) but soon it found the next weakest points and began to weep right around the joint faces. But I stress again, that's all that was wrong. There's nothing wrong with the unit itself. It seems to be in almost new condition and came apart with barely a tap.

I'd like to see pics of your particular shaft seal. I think the pumps come in 2 qualities, perfect or scrap. I made 1 good one out of 3 scrap ones.

I've yet to see if the end plates off my scrap one will fit and are in better nick Frank.

Back