Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ALT/OIL wiring diagram needed

Jmacd

Country Flag
uk
My Alternator charging light, Oil light and filter drain lights have disappeared.
The gauges are still working fine.
My LC 100 is year 2000 4.2 with a auto box and of course as luck would have it my electrical manual is a 2004 petrol LC100.

Would anyone have a link to a early diesel electrical diagram or be able to send a picture of the Charging and oil light wiring diagram with pin outs so I can try to trace the fault?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked the IGN fuse? #4 behind the kick panel, 10 A. Seems to be common for those functions.

Attachments

• hdj100_charging_1998-1_2002-7.pdf
    28 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
uHu. Thanks for the diagram. I did check the 10 amp fuse this afternoon. The pin out is completely different. I do suspect it could be something in the kick panel that is the issue. Do you have the oil warning light diagram?

What oil light do you mean? There is an oil pressure gauge, and an A/T fluid light, and a check engine light (CEL).
Is it maybe a JDM import you have?

My Cruiser has a Voltage gauge and oil gauge. Along with a Battery charge light and low pressure oil light.
My battery ,oil and water in fuel filter drain water light are not coming on when I turn the ignition on.
When its running its charging and I have oil pressure.

Its not an import. It's a UK car. Thanks for you help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could you share a picture of the oil light? What does it look like, and where is it located?

The battery light should be bottom left corner and oil light bottom right just of center.

I have dug some more this morning and have found a controller and junction instrument box 82791-60010 above the radio. I think this is the junction conector in the wiring diagram but don't have a pin out for the he plugs. Inside the box looks sad. Anyone know if this box controls the warning lights and/or has a wiring diagram for it. Some of the wires are sky blue with no numbers. Thanks

IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3457.JPG

Hmm, looks like a new box needed there, says he stating the obvious.
Seeing this, do have a check to see that the alternator is sending out the right charging voltage. Should be 14.4 at the battery terminal. May be a fluke but worth checking. I wouldn't be surprised if something external to this box has caused this but it may be a pig to find.
Good luck with it.

I have got my Cruiser back in buisness. Although it was working fine. Most of my dash lights had gone along with my speedo. Route cause was traced to the leak on the sunroof drain line not connected to the roof properly. Water leaked down the roof pilar and onto the connections. Long story short. Removed the complete dashboard and dash bar. Also the left fuse box for checking. The damaged multiplugs were removed and replaced. New junction and instrument box fitted.
Everything refitted and now fully working instrument cluster.

IMG_3461.JPG IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3463.JPG IMG_3475.JPG

Reactions: uHu
I have got my Cruiser back in buisness. Although it was working fine. Most of my dash lights had gone along with my speedo. Route cause was traced to the leak on the sunroof drain line not connected to the roof properly. Water leaked down the roof pilar and onto the connections. Long story short. Removed the complete dashboard and dash bar. Also the left fuse box for checking. The damaged multiplugs were removed and replaced. New junction and instrument box fitted.

View attachment 136663 View attachment 136664 View attachment 136665 View attachment 136666
Hi, Could you please tell me which parts had to be replaced ? I have the same problem after having the windscreen replaced. you could email me at [email protected] Thank you.

View attachment 136663 View attachment 136664 View attachment 136665 View attachment 136666
Oooh yuk! That looks like a right pig of a job there. Well done finding it. I’ve heard of the sunroof drains becoming parted but hadn’t ever come across anyone who’s had it happen. It’s usually the windscreen leaking after being replaced (badly) that causes leakage.

Back