Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ambient temperature sensor - what and where?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Just had my air con condensor replaced in Oz and have excellent aircon again. However, when i got the truck back i noticed this sitting on the bullbar.
i-RxkWT7q-M.jpg

i-mWgTFwm-M.jpg

The guy who didn't said he'd never seen one on an 80. I looked up the part number and it is temperature sensor Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ 80 J8 Denso 077500-2671. My question is what does it do and where does it normally fit? I don't think i have a tem p gauge on the cluster so am wondering what it feeds into. If anyone has a pic in situ that would be great too.

It sits bottom left of the radiator (looking from the front) in behind the bumper and works with the climate control.
I’ll try and get a pic later.

I’m guessing you had a new condenser fitted and it got removed at that point. Should just bolt back on.

20190425_173410.jpg
is it that thing just up n left from my GB bit on the number plate? I had to spin it round a but when I fitted the winch.

56ECC160-2FBB-490E-BF8E-C8C455F5035F.jpeg

Here you go. Attached to a bracket on the condenser. Possibly missing on an after-market condenser hence why it returned to you on the bumper?

Guys - so helpful as usual! Nick, your bullbar dips in an interesting way to expose that sensor - helpful though. Mine goes straight across. I think I now have a "freed" air temperature sensor.

Back