Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

An alarming question :)

However, I can't find anyone online selling the switches that isn't in China. Other than Mr. T, does anyone have a UK source for these?

I'm going to buy 5 of them and have them on hand to replace them all, it's an easy cheap job and might as well keep on top of it.

Glad you found it ! Intermittent electrical probs can be a right b'tard to locate.
How did the water and crap get in, are the door sensor connectors and wiring not between two metal skins of the body ?

It's in the section where the jack is stored. It's raining at the mo but when it stops I'll have a better look in there. There's trailer wiring and I'm wondering if there's a cable hole that the water is getting in. That said, the area I can see in that pocket seems dry.

Can't help with the switches mate, but from experience in the past, not cheap. They can't all have water ingress surely. Althouģh I can see your logic as per preventative maintenance.
Pizzing down here too, but just been out there, mine has trailer wiring too, with a big tight grommet, ooer, is that rude? Any way dry shiny paint all over inside even with jack removed although there is a raised plate it sits on which I cant see under fully even with led torch.
The crap on that switch has been chucked up a fair way, but I hope it's just a case of perished or missing grommet rather than something more serious like the 'R' word, and you can dry the inside out and squirt your preferred treatment in there to stop it rotting out.

As an afterthought could rain be getting in around the high rear light custer? From recently having both out, I know there is no external rubber seal where they touch the body. Having said that you say the pocket seems dry, so that banjaxed that idea?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah I guess sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with what you can get.
I am still waiting for small item from China after a month + , the crap tracking not moved, and I get unhelpful, repetitive messages from a robot when I contact. Oh and some chinese festival, but that happened after it was supposedly dispatched. Good luck

Very interesting topic!
I experience similiar problems, if i unlock and open any side door it re-arms after 30sec and i have to unlock again. The rear door is different because the rear light doesnt work, i think someone took the supply for the in car entertainment (factory fitted!) on 3rd row of seats!
If i unlock and open the boot no problem, the alarm stays off!

I guess its detecting the internal lights drain? rear door switch is working fine as i checked the circuit?

All good fun

Simon

It re locks after 30 secs in case you unlock the vehicle by accident , if you open any of the 4 doors and close them before 30 secs it will stay unlocked if all is working properly , mine also does that if you open the back door , maybe because its a late 09 model maybe toyota included the back door in the stay unlocked mode at a later date .

Mine is a 55plate and I can unlock the car and open the boot with no problems.
Mine also has the autolock after 30 seconds if no doors open.
Interesting :happy-cheerleaderk:

Update on that that item coming from china ? After 57 days, no tracking movement and different messages from a robot calling itself George, telling me to wait longer, I got really pizzed off, and threatened to contact eBay. Straight away I got message from Sophie, a real person? asking me don't do that, it will hurt them, and giving me full refund. I can only deduce as item never came, it was never sent in the first place. Scammers !!

your aware of the major shut down in China? disrupting shipping etc? may have because of that

Who could not be? During the stalling they told me there was a Chinese festival, and during the same period waiting for this, I ordered another item from China from a different source later, which came a few weeks ago. This was all before the current situation manifested itself, which wasn't given as an excuse, but only recently resulted in a refund.

ah I just wondered after hearing of other people having problems with shipping because of the virus. Glad to hear you got a refund but annoying not to get the items

Thanks Mark, It was annoying after all that time, but in fairness I should have given more detail regarding what happened.
Its normal for anyone to think, 'doesn't that idiot know there's a crisis', or words to that effect, cheers

Back