Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Andy 'bail me out of the shit' Lomas strikes again!!

moggy1968

So when fitting the new clutch the garage managed to muller the rev counter cable where it attaches to the flywheel housing. I got in touch with my contact at Toyota who's good for 60 parts, none in the UK and Toyota have no stock and aren't making them anymore. Tried the 60 series guys in Holland who have the part listed on their website for 180euros, they don't have one, there are none in Europe and they confirmed there are none at Toyota. All their second hand ones have at least one of the wires pulled off. Started emailing people in America, there are 2 in America, but you have to have an American registered card and delivery address!

So now, feeling slightly desperate, dropped in to see Andy 'The Cruiser Man' Lomas on my way up to York to see friends, he has one he let me have for a good price, job done
default_yahoo.gif

here's the old mullered one. They've completely shagged the brass ring but I might see if I can repair it for a spare
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG

Andy mate, it was good to see you and your angelic little girl the other day especially when you chose to visit in your superb 60 series and took me for a drive in it.
When I was buying every 60 I could get my hands on 10 to 15 years ago people thought I was mad, they still think I'm mad but how useful all these 60 bits have become!!
Glad to be of service Andy, there's always the kettle on when a fellow Yorkshire lad is passing.

Aye well it were grand to meet up and see some of your projects again, if ever yer daan saarf do pop in
(The thinking your mad bit has nothing to do with the 60s:wink:)

Back