Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another 60 up for grabs

Very nice! High roof, full floating rear axle and the plush seat material..

Not the UK spec? Import?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HJ60-Toyota-Landcruiser/174038174670....A bit pricey but not a bad looking thing...... Anyone know it...

Yep, its one of my old ones, had it a good few years. Looks pretty much the same with a few paintwork titivations. Ran well, had LSD axle and air con but the auto's are slow and thirsty. It needs another 40 bhp to be effective on todays roads, the 61 I have, also auto is in another league on the road.
Its been reduced by £500 but still well minty, this money would buy a really good 80 and you would get so much more.

Agree Andy.. I could buy this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toy...Diesel-12v-Jap-Import-VX-Limited/123895078294 .....And have lots of change... Not sure about it running on Chip fat 'Tho'....:lol:......

Yep Higgy, take either down the road and I know which I'd ( or most people would) choose. "Can" run on means " has been" run on veg oil. I'm not sure of the long term implications but I'm not sure it would be beneficial.
To like this one you'd have to like the "suede" seats and forgo the axle diff locks but it could be a decent thing not at daft money.

I do Like a bit of 'Suede'....... I spoke to him regarding the advisory 'Oil Leak'... Is it engine/gear box Power steering. etc etc... He says hes not aware of an oil leak.... Mmmm!... I think its ok if the moneys right..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HJ60-Toyota-Landcruiser/174038174670....A bit pricey but not a bad looking thing...... Anyone know it...
I had a 'discussion' with him when he first had it up as a 62, he wouldn't have it that an HJ62 doesn't exist and got a bit rude about it, then he checked his vin and had to eat some humble pie:laughing-rolling:
It's a not very desirable auto, and certainly isn't a UK spec vehicle.

I recognised it as Andy's old one:thumbup:

I had a 'discussion' with him when he first had it up as a 62, he wouldn't have it that an HJ62 doesn't exist and got a bit rude about it, then he checked his vin and had to eat some humble pie:laughing-rolling:
It's a not very desirable auto, and certainly isn't a UK spec vehicle.

I recognised it as Andy's old one:thumbup:

The auto bit is what I quite liked about it and still wouldn't swap my 61 for a manual one. This particular one has air con and an LSD axle ( which worked when I had it) and the "high roof" which made it cavernous inside. Also the seats were covered in a materiel I hadn't come across before and the seats were the best I'd come across comfort wise.
Its done the rounds, constantly increasing in price from when I sold it, its very solid for a 60 though but still needs a few minor bits that wanted doing way back when I had it ( interior trim bits).
I'd be surprised if it makes anywhere that money, its a slow thirsty beast, rough as toast on the ride.

Very nice! High roof, full floating rear axle and the plush seat material..

Not the UK spec? Import?

It was rumored to have come from New Zealand by the guy I bought it from in Norfolk about 14 years ago.

Ahh I see Andy! The fact that the high roof is very very desirable and if it doesn't have the rusty roof problem that a fair percentage of them have fallen by. It makes it quite rare indeed.

Being an auto it would be very easy to fit an early 1hdt/(ft) and auto transmission to it and make it better. Being a 2h really doesn't matter at all!

Closer inspection of the pictures on the add, it's got the 350kg sticker, just like a JDM 81 has.... woo woo stop right there! I mean just like the 81 inherited from the 60! Lol

Ahh I see Andy! The fact that the high roof is very very desirable and if it doesn't have the rusty roof problem that a fair percentage of them have fallen by. It makes it quite rare indeed.

Being an auto it would be very easy to fit an early 1hdt/(ft) and auto transmission to it and make it better. Being a 2h really doesn't matter at all!

Closer inspection of the pictures on the add, it's got the 350kg sticker, just like a JDM 81 has.... woo woo stop right there! I mean just like the 81 inherited from the 60! Lol

AFAIA the auto box in the 60 and the early 80's is the same/ similar, I thought? Maybe I'm wrong?

A good after market turbo kit would liven it up without all tha hassle of fitting an 80 engine with things being on the opposite side etc. Still, after having run it for a couple of years I wouldn't want it as a driver of any description.

Yeah believe so too just one is part time 4wd and the other is full time 4wd.(full time has the correct bellhousing). too be honest I agree with you on the daily drive aspect.. I'm getting older now and need a softer ride. So eventually looking to get a 120!!! Seriously though...

Yeah believe so too just one is part time 4wd and the other is full time 4wd.(full time has the correct bellhousing). too be honest I agree with you on the daily drive aspect.. I'm getting older now and need a softer ride. So eventually looking to get a 120!!! Seriously though...

100 series has a good ride, especially if its the GX none AHC type but its not as quiet as a 120.

Back