Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another one 'saved'....

CruiserScot

Country Flag
scotland
I came across this one gently rotting in the woods. Apparently Barry Sheene was the first owner in 1985 - he needed an auto after he had smashed his legs. Maybe Toyota gave it to him, as he was driving for them around that time... Who knows??

Attachments

• DSC_0923.JPG
    DSC_0923.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0922.JPG
    DSC_0922.JPG
    464.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0926.JPG
    DSC_0926.JPG
    503.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0924.JPG
    DSC_0924.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0918.JPG
    DSC_0918.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0915.JPG
    DSC_0915.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0917.JPG
    DSC_0917.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 47
Wow Barry Sheen ,I wonder if he's why i still buy Brut aftershave :lol:

Hell, that's some project, if you plan to put it back on the road!

I wouldn't say " saved " more retrieved. That hasn't been saved yet, it will be when its restored though, ( and thats something I'd like to see).

I'll see whether or not it runs first. Was parked up 15 years ago. Could be a candidate for a chop into a pickup

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow, wonder if there is any solid steel left on it

Was parked up 15 years ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if it started and ran straight away. With all the 60's I've had non didn't start straight away when they'd been stood years. If there's old diesel in the tank they will still run.

A session with the sandblaster would soon sort out the remaining solid steel.

I don't think a sandblaster would leave very much left.....:tools-hammerdrill:

Man! That car looks like a beauty but a rust bucket at the same time. I bet that you are going to have some fun with that. You might need a cab and chassis replacement due to that tiny bit of rust. LOL. I hope the project goes well for you. Quick question, is that a HJ61 with a 12HT engine? Or is it a ULP or petrol?

Just a quick tip do not sandblast as that would bow the metal from the heat. Soda blasting is a better option. Cheers :wink:

Back