Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another viewing

warrenpfo

I went to view THIS today down in Redhill. The PO traded it in for a Ford Kuga....silly chap.

Anyway I’ll get to the point. Rust in the rear top tailgate section, 8 small holes in the back of the rear seats, looks like a gob bite, passenger side steering rack boot leaking fluid, rear diff lock not working, two quite deep scratches on the roof, batteries tested and at 50% (not sure what that means but it’s on the form), steering wheel up and down motor not working, lots of green AC fluid down the foam covers of the front radiator hose and AC not blowing cold.

Apart from that it needs a very good clean and the last MOT mentioned rear bushes had play.

I made an offer and have walked away as they had other coming to view the car later today and tomorrow.

The more I drive the 5spd the more I know I really want one but am still very tempted by the low mileage 2000-2002 that are floating around and would consider a very clean mint 80.

The search continues with another viewing on Monday of this one

I would say Monday's viewing will be a purchase! That's a good price for a 2000 with low mileage. Good luck :thumbup:

The owner (Toby) seems like a very decent guy on the phone so I hold high hopes.

You should try persuading Frank to sell you his 04 ;)

Just had a call from the dealer asking if I was a dealer...I said no but that I knew most if not everything there was to know about a 100 series and just because I have a Toyota pc to plug the car into and spent a good hour under the car and in the engine bay does not make me a dealer.

I think my offer I made was very reasonable and they know it as they can’t have paid much more than £13k as a trade in and am sure they want it off their forecourt.

The game continues.

I take it the one up in Elgin was not to your liking then? :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still in discussion, he calls me now about one every foughtnight to have a chat and I say the same thing. "drop it to £18k and ill be ther tomorrow with the cash" we laugh and says if he wins the lotto he will let mekave it....the price is coming down slowly but still too rich for me.

Ha ha ha nice one. Well I hope he brings it down for you as it is a nice looking beast. :cool:

Hold your nerve and keep looking Warren. Back in 97 when I was looking for a good example 80 auto I travelled over 2Kmiles to look at 30 cars (the silver one was the 30th) bearing in mind the cars then were only 2-3 years old. It was worth the effort though as 15 years later it is still 95% of the car it was then,
Good luck buddy

Andy(TTG) :thumbup:

"Monday's" one does look very good. :thumbup:

Regardless, I hope your search goes well and I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. :)

My only concern with the 1999 - 2001 models is the torque converter which apparently does go at some point in its life.

Is that the auto box with the "seal" that gives up?

It does look nice.

Have you made him an offer yet?

Gra.

Not on the 99 yet as I am only viewing it tomorrow.

I have also had a call from my man up north telling me to call him as he has a new car in so will see what he has to say.

To update, just viewed the 99 and the engine is in good condition but the car in general is not in great condition internally. There is rust in the top tailgate both at the open handle and around the exterior window seal and the passenger rear wheel arch has bad rust at the bottom where it meets the running board.

Leaking rear diff and central transfer box along with well worn leather seats.

I have passed on it....

Looks fab but I know what she means about the interior colour. I never thought it would be so difficult to land a top condition 100 series.

Andy(TTG) :thumbup:

I just had an evil thought, 100 body on 80 chassis, that would totally get the insurance twisted and the mechanics confused :twisted:

My wife has a Disco 4 with that colour leather interior, its an absolute pig to keep clean.

Other than that it looks the absolute dogs!

Have you looked at it yet?

Pete

wobbly said:
My wife has a Disco 4 with that colour leather interior, its an absolute pig to keep clean.

Other than that it looks the absolute dogs!

Have you looked at it yet?

Pete
"pigs", "dogs", it's not an LC farm yard is it? :lol:

Back