Country Flag
scotland
I will be down near Wrexham next Saturday to collect a lab puppy

will probably wild camp down there on Friday night
anyone know any wildcamp spots within 20km of wrexham,
either by road or on a greenlane (not extreme :icon-evil:),
quiet, not overlooked by houses and NOT a boyracers meet or lovenest site :lol:

please PM me if you dont want to share spot to all

We've not got that far round yet, but intend upon getting over in that direction when we pick up from where we left off last time we were up in Wales. I used to worry about finding somewhere to camp, but nowadays just press on till we find somewhere suitable. You'd be surprised what you can find tucked round a corner in Forestry commission woods. You just need to get up high and hunt down the loading deck and you'll of found a great camp site. The last two times I've been up to Wales there were two occasions that we didn't even start considering where we'd camp till after dark and found two of the best camp sites that I've ever used. There really are some gems out there and you'll find something very quickly I know :)

"tucked round a corner in Forestry commission woods"

what about access? since not all tracks in the woods are greenlanes?

there is a lane though Ceiriog forest, looks like it has good potential

White roads and forestry tracks. Is it at a weekend?

If it were me I'd jump in the north end of Clocaenog Forest along the byway below the wind farm and start trawling about up and down the dead end Forestry lanes. You'll soon find somewhere :);)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Puppy pics, puppy pics!
What flavor (colour) Labbydor?

Plan is to get new canopy for Hilux collected and fitted in Lancashire on Friday then collect the puppy on Saturday
and maybe try the Hilux on an easy greenlane in wales or lakes (it has road tyres on at moment)

som puppy pics for you Steve

jet2.jpgjet1 (2).jpgimage.jpeg

:icon-biggrin:

Ahhh, bless - look at that lovely belly! just right for blowing a raspberry on......sorry I get carried away sometimes! Here is a pic of Sam who was 1 year old last week - cant get him to sit still for a nice shot!
IMG_1952.JPG

All 3 are outside enjoying some warm sunshine at last!

Sam is looking big already, chocolate lab?

One of our lab died in autumn and Zara labxcollie is now 16 and hasn't got much time left, she doesn't walk far now. So we decided to get a new dog now to soften the blow when she goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lost a Lab Cassy in July last year. We already had Danny 5 yrs and failed medical guide dog, and Lola 10 now rescue Lab X so we though when Lola goes, Danny will be all alone, so we got another failed medical guide dog to keep him happy! I think we will drop back to 2 as its a squeeze in the back of the Collie for 3!
Good luck with little 'un, any names yet?

Talking of Big, Danny who isnt fat at all weighs in at 45kg or 7 stone!
IMG_1941 (853x1280).jpg

Last edited:
Wife has over-ruled wildcamping, so going to try a campsite with pub a few hundred metres away - since we wont be packing all the camping gear as no space in back cab of hilux

Back