Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any off roading around the Pitlochry area. In Scotland?

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I am going to be in the loch Tay / Pitlochry area over Christmas. Any opportunities for a bit of offroading that anybody knows of while I am up there? I have read about highland safaris so I presume there are some routes/ trails...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

no trails in scotland, unless you have landowners permission... sorry

there are some pay-and-play sites though

Sorry to have to tell a Scot this but there are unsurfaced roads in Scotland. They are not called anything fancy like Byway or B.O.A.T or O.R.P.A. They are just roads that have not been sealed.

You need to buy a relevant Ordnance Survey map and start looking for the whites. Once you find one, do a Google Earth search on the area and check it out. If it looks unkept and of variable width, you may have struck gold.

I am not saying it will be easy or that you will find many but it's better than playing Monopoly.

Roger

Just another thought. It's not a rough track but it's well worth the drive. It starts at Roybridge and travels North to Brae Roy Lodge. Roybridge is on the A86 approx. 4 miles East of Spean Bridge. You drive past the local oddities called "The Parallel Roads".

Roger

I never new that. Kinda put a kibosh on my plans for a landsend to John o' Groats trip.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to have to tell a Scot this but there are unsurfaced roads in Scotland. They are not called anything fancy like Byway or B.O.A.T or O.R.P.A. They are just roads that have not been sealed.
r

Thats OK Rodger, I was born in Wakefield to Yorkshire parents - I am a yorkshireman :icon-cool: - but i have been living up here since 1977 apart from a brief stint in Durham and Leeds

yes there are such tracks, there are a few round my way I sometimes drive - because i know the farmers, but they are often maintained by the landowner, and it can be frowned upon to drive on them. so its very hard to know whether or not you can drive them.

AndrewT - we will have to have a local-lanes day sometime!

can anyone with more knowledge than me list the available sites to off road in scotland ?
ones where you take your own truck not a drive around with an instuctor.

the only ones i am aware of are drumclog site, glentarchie and i have heard of a pleace called la mancha round the pentland hills somewhere.

there seems to be a real lack of pay and play sites in Scotland, when you see all he places down south.
this seems mad given the amazing land we have in Scotland.

cheers roy

Back