Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any problems with 201 bhp engine?

David Ketley

Country Flag
great_britain
Well I know find I have purchased an Invincible with the 201 bhp engine. 2009. 32,000mls.
I guess as they only did this version for a short time there can be issues?

Any advice welcomed.
Dave

Well I know find I have purchased an Invincible with the 201 bhp engine. 2009. 32,000mls.
I guess as they only did this version for a short time there can be issues?

Any advice welcomed.
Dave
unless its been privately chipped its a 173 bhp , the LC4 Invincible which has been chipped by Toyota GB finished in 2006 was 201 bhp , the LC5 took on the invincible name which started in 2007 is without the Toyota GB chip and is 173bhp .

It was standard for a short time with the LC5 and Invincible.
If your truck is a LC5 Invincible , going that it has air suspension then it is a LC5 none were officially chipped by Toyota GB , the LC5 was upgraded in Invincible spec on equipment alone and not chipped , but its easy to check just lift your bonnet up and look for the chip box , a multi plug connection from the fuel rail leading to the chip box near the engine fuse box . The Toyota factory in Japan does not chip its cars , so any chipped cars are aftermarket chips . If Toyota Japan wanted to up the power they would remap them and not chip them to lower the durability of the their engines . whilst looking for a 120 I looked at many and the early invincible up to 2006 were only LC4s that had been chipped and the the chip box was easy to see and marked TTE on the chip box .

Last edited by a moderator:
If your truck is a LC5 Invincible , going that it has air suspension then it is a LC5 none were officially chipped by Toyota GB , the LC5 was upgraded in Invincible spec on equipment alone and not chipped , but its easy to check just lift your bonnet up and look for the chip box , a multi plug connection from the fuel rail leading to the chip box near the engine fuse box . The Toyota factory in Japan does not chip its cars , so any chipped cars are aftermarket chips . If Toyota Japan wanted to up the power they would remap them and not chip them to lower the durability of the their engines . whilst looking for a 120 I looked at many and the early invincible up to 2006 were only LC4s that had been chipped and the the chip box was easy to see and marked TTE .

TBF when I was looking to buy a 120 I researched all the model variations and date changes initially wanting an Invincible because it was "201" BHP. After test driving a few including Invincibles I found, in normal driving there wasn't enough difference to justify buying an Invincible over a better all round condition LC4.
AFAIAA Tonys information is spot on, as I researched. I can't find anything to disagree with.

Of all the 120's I've driven Tonys drove the best, smoothest engine, nicest suspension, felt nice on the 265/70's.

I have a Tunit box waiting to go on the 120, I had in the past driven the truck with it previously fitted on and that seemed to go pretty well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I thought Toyota GB supplied it with the 201 bhp engine for a short time. There is no way the old man who drove this one owner vehicle would have had it chipped. MEMBER TONY "the chip version was done by Toyota GB with a Germany made chip called TTE , and not the Toyota factory in Japan " The next question should I de chip this motor or just run it conservatory? Peculiar thing is this is a March 2009 model.

TBF when I was looking to buy a 120 I researched all the model variations and date changes initially wanting an Invincible because it was "201" BHP. After test driving a few including Invincibles I found, in normal driving there wasn't enough difference to justify buying an Invincible over a better all round condition LC4.
AFAIAA Tonys information is spot on, as I researched. I can't find anything to disagree with.

Of all the 120's I've driven Tonys drove the best, smoothest engine, nicest suspension, felt nice on the 265/70's.

I have a Tunit box waiting to go on the 120, I had in the past driven the truck with it previously fitted on and that seemed to go pretty well.
I have the ozbush fuel mapper fitted which I can turn up the power or lower the power for better fuel economy , I keep it at neutral mode as I only bought it because it stops the engine fault code lighting up because I fully blanked the EGR valve , I don't need the extra power .

I thought Toyota GB supplied it with the 201 bhp engine for a short time. There is no way the old man who drove this one owner vehicle would have had it chipped. MEMBER TONY "the chip version was done by Toyota GB with a Germany made chip called TTE , and not the Toyota factory in Japan " The next question should I de chip this motor or just run it conservatory? Peculiar thing is this is a March 2009 model.
If you can't see a chip box on it , it don't have one . I dont know of any LC5 Invincibles that were officially chipped by Toyota GB , I have the official brochure with the service history of the Truck and the only difference between the LC5 Invincible and the LC5 is real wood black walnut trim on the Dash , doors , and steering wheel , Bluetooth phone interface, switches on the steering wheel to control stereo and bluetooth , rear tv camera on monitor comes up when in reverse , tinted headlamps and front grill and tinted wheels . and privacy rear windows . the official brochure lists the LC5 Invincible as 173 bhp and 410 Nm of torque

These Toyota models are a real mystery one for sale here in the past TOP OF THE RANGE SOUGHT AFTER INVINCIBLE 201 BHP MODEL. 2009.
5 door, 8-seat Land Cruiser Invincible from June 2006 has Toyota's 3.0-litre D-4D engine and five-speed automatic transmission with more power and torque. Output increased from 164 to 201bhp (166 to 204 DINhp) and torque from 410 to 470Nm, giving stronger load-pulling and off-road driving ability and more flexible and comfortable on-road performance. 0 to 62mph down from 11.2 to 10.8 seconds. Top speed, fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions unchanged at 109mph, 31.4mpg (combined cycle) and 243g/km. Dark tinted rear privacy glass and dedicated 'Invincible' badging. Spare under the vehicle, instead of the tailgate. 500 are available, priced on-the-road at £34,565.

These Toyota models are a real mystery one for sale here in the past TOP OF THE RANGE SOUGHT AFTER INVINCIBLE 201 BHP MODEL. 2009.
5 door, 8-seat Land Cruiser Invincible from June 2006 has Toyota's 3.0-litre D-4D engine and five-speed automatic transmission with more power and torque. Output increased from 164 to 201bhp (166 to 204 DINhp) and torque from 410 to 470Nm, giving stronger load-pulling and off-road driving ability and more flexible and comfortable on-road performance. 0 to 62mph down from 11.2 to 10.8 seconds. Top speed, fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions unchanged at 109mph, 31.4mpg (combined cycle) and 243g/km. Dark tinted rear privacy glass and dedicated 'Invincible' badging. Spare under the vehicle, instead of the tailgate. 500 are available, priced on-the-road at £34,565.
Those carbon emissions at 243/km are for the pre 2007 164bhp engine , and they had a limited number of LC4s rebadged as Invincible and that model had blacked out rear glass , but none were the top of the range LC5 , thats not to say some dealers might have added a tuning chip to a LC5 as an option , at the beginning of 2007 or very late 2006 the engine was uprated to 173 bhp and 238 /km emissions, but I wouldn't worry if its a one owner gent I doubt he would have asked to have it chipped . as I said the second series Invincible which came out in 2007 officially had 173bhp , and was aLC5 rebadged as Invincible and differed from the LC5 model in the trim spec only . a lot of mixups are made when second hand dealers are selling 120s on that there are 2 versions of the Invincible that were sold at separate times and not at the same time , so some dealers think all have the 201 bhp chip fitted .

Back