Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any recommendations for a land cruiser transporter?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I may not need it but I'm keen to avoid salt before putting the truck into the container to Oz later this month. So if the prices aren't silly I am looking for a recommendation for a transporter company [tilt tray may be ok or I may be too heavy, not sure] with the right size vehicle to take my rig from the West Midlands to a Thames Estuary port. Ball park suggestions on costs will be good too. It isn't as simple as washing the rig when i get there because putting it in wet along with my household possessions and then shipping it over the equator and into the Oz summer for 6 weeks is not going to help matters.

if you pm postcodes from and to simon ill see if someone i know can sort it and at what cost they would want.

I had previously made arrangements with one of the big national Transporter firms that dealerships use to collect a damaged Shogun, but the seller neglected to tell me it was pissing oil everywhere, so they wouldn’t load it.. they were much cheaper than “Man with a trailer” I ended going with.
I’m not at home for another 2 weeks to look for the contact number I had, but could be worth calling a few of these firms, or asking at a dealership if your not far away

Cheers

I can get you a cash quote from work if you PM me full details.

Thanks for the replies - I'm just getting the exact post codes so I can pass on via DM for an accurate figure.
EDIT - PMs sent.
Thanks Flint, I'd read that horror story of the truck but the Agriculture link looks new to me - although it confirms earlier agriculture things I'd read. We are resigned to getting a steam clean at our expense because there is no way we'll get everything out. I know vehicles that have been "dismantle" cleaned and still failed on arrival.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back