Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anybody know what this might be?

Looks like a leaking heater hose to me.

I suspect what looks like the plastic T piece has cracked or otherwise failed.
It will need inspection and should be an easy fix.
I assume your vehicle is a 100 series petrol? Below some links for you.

Heater Tee
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Gen...998-2007-heater-hose-T-fittings-/282256420866

Video for reference to replace

And a link to a reputable US website forum post you may find useful
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/heater-hose-tees.905541/

Oh and welcome to the best Land Cruiser forum :)
We are mostly European time zone but do have members all over the world so posts can take a while to be seen or replied to, please do take the time to introduce yourself to us in the Lounge and pictures, stories of your pride and joy are always welcome.
:thumbup:

Hi again Julian, I have ordered the Ts for my 100....will replace them in a few days. Have another situation I hope you can advise on. Installed a 3rd party bluetooth device in the cigarette lighter. Worked fine for 4 months then all of a sudden my radio, NAV and then A/C system went out. I pulled the bluetooth device and the A/C came back...looks ok (other than the coolant leak of course). NAV and radio are still out. I don't care about the NAV but want the radio. I checked fuses and noticed that #55 (wiring diagram shows this is for the radio) was blown. Tried to replace it twice and it keeps blowing. I must have a short somewhere?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure if this sheds any light ....

System Check Output Land Cruiser - 041619.jpg

I am not entirely familiar with the 100 series but here goes, frequently different circuits share a fuse, does the cigarette lighter still have power? is anything else not working as expected?
I suspect the vehicle has a dead short and the fuse is doing it's job, if the blue tooth device was heavy enough it may have damaged the internals of the cigarette lighter causing the fault?
chasing electrical gremlins is often time consuming and not always fun.

As above, check with a torch into the cigarette lighter socket for anything that may be causing a short, broken part, burned/melted parts that sort of thing. The radio is often paired with the cigarette lighter.

Hi all, i checked the cigarette lighter it is working. Still stuck with NAV, back up camera and audio down. Not sure what to do next...guess I am stuck with a visit to the dealership?

Rather than a trip to the main dealer, I would advocate a trip to a auto electrician.
Failing that then any good reputable independent mechanic would be advisable, it is unlikely that the main dealer will have a "technician" who is familiar with the vehicle given the age of said vehicle.

If you can ask around as to recommendations for a good mechanic, in all likely hood the first thing the main agent will recommend is replacement of the radio.
And it will only get more expensive from there on out.

It might be worth trying a recommended auto electrician first. It may be a fault in the head unit itself, or any number of other things. Difficult to know without removing and disconnecting things.
The faults you describe are odd as you wouldn’t expect them to be connected. If you can remove the dash to get to the cigarette lighter, I guess it’s possible there could be melted wiring behind it. I’d be surprised if this were the case though, but worth a look.

A very (very) long shot, but it might be worth disconnecting the battery (batteries) for 5 minutes or so to see if the head unit resets itself. Could be a pain having to re input settings though.

Edit. Difficult to say without knowing which model you have, but looking through this, there is a separate fuse for the radio and satnav on some, might be worth a look. See no.13 on the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box (Left (2003-2007)).

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toy...toyota-land-cruiser-100-fuse-box-diagram.html

Last edited:
Isn’t the Satnav done via a disc in the rear? Could it be there’s some damage to that or it’s cables? Again, unlikely but if the failure coincided with something else other than the USB charger then it might give a clue.

thanks for all the ideas folks, i have just about exhausted my know how and patience at this point. i am going to try the battery for 5 minutes (i guess that does a deep reset?) and see what happens. i have never heard of an "auto electrician" before, i hoping some exist here in CA. that is a great idea.

One slightly redneck way of fault finding is to disconnect one item and try it. If the fuse blows it’s not that item (alone). Does the radio also work the electric aerial (antenna) as there is a Control box for that which might be off the same fuse. As above, locate and unplug and try. It’s a handful of cheap fuses at the end of the day. You can even use slightly lower rated ones for the testing if you’re in any way concerned that any damage may result. As I say, not the first line of troubleshooting but it’s a tool in the box which sometimes is the one that works. You just have to be methodical.

Follow up: i was able to resolve my radio fuse #55 constantly blowing by removing the MFD and disconnecting/reconnecting the connectors one by one. i did not see any signs of crossed/burned wires so not sure how the fix happened but it has been working for 5 days now. my power antenna came back with everything else (however it broke and had to be replaced, that was easy). now the only issue i am dealing with is no bluetooth..have to look into this one next.

forgot to mention the one casualty: my 6 disk cd player. i smelled burnt and after a couple of hours removing the center console this is what i found (see attached)....it's a goner

CD Player.jpg

Back