Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anybody Know !

sam234s

I had posted this under "100 series Tech" but had no replies so trying here.

Hi
My first post
I came on Sun to Lincomb had fun, met nice people ,thanks for making me so welcome & showing me around.
Now down to it
I have done the "pin 7 mod" so now have manual control of the center diff lock.
Now want to do the "pin 19 mod" I have read that removing the wire to pin 19 on the ETC ECU (auto box electronic control) will keep the same auto gear shift pattern in low & hi range.
I cant find the ETC ECU !
Anyone know where it is & what it looks like also any name or numbers on it ?
My vehicle 1998 Amazon 100 diesel auto.

Thanks in advance

Sam
[email protected]

Sam, I'm not completely au -fait with the 100 series and in fact there aren't that many 100 users on the forum to be fair. But I doubt the set up is very different to the 80.

My advice would be to completely forget the pin 7 mod. It's not what you need. From the 80 perspective the basic auto set is such that when you go into low range the centre locks and the gear change ratios go absolutely horrible. Fine for rock crawling maybe but terrible for off road. What we do is get the centre diff lock switch which plugs straight into the dash. This allows the locker to lock in high range. However, in low it still locks automatically and has the daft ratios.
To combat this all you do is unplug one of the detent sensors on the back of the auto box and you're done.

That's it. Full control and proper gear changes in low or high. The pin mods are completely unnecessary and whilst we're not quite sure about them, they seem to be a way of getting full control of the diff but KEEP the stupid gear ratios.

JW is probably the authority on the 100 box

Back