Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone else blocked out of the site?

James Missin

Country Flag
england
Hey, so my dad, Gav has been trying for a few days now to get back on this site but everytime he tries it pops up saying 'you are not permitted to enter this website'. Any clue on a fix anyone?

Thanks.

I had the same problem, seemed to have cured it by closing the web page, deleting the landcruiserclub cookies and then reopening.

I've had that on and off on my phone for the last few days but not on the laptop. Andy L has called me with withdrawal symptoms too.

I've had it loads of times over the last week. Clearing the cookies for the site fixes it though. Seems like the invalid / expired authentication cookies should be handled a bit better at the server end, so that users are asked to login again rather than bombing with an error.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been having it for some while on and off, same as Gav, "not permitted" etc.... "forbidden",
Clearing everything doesnt help, the site just seems to drift in and out at will, yet going to tlocuk and other sites is no problem.
It's a waste of time complaining, and I suspect the orange banner informing everyone there are known problems will stay. Better than historic denials though !

Myself and BobMurphy encountered the same issue as well in the last few days, but mine seems to be fixed this morning. Crispin has been on it fixing this.

I did delete histories on Safari but didn’t solve the problem.

Its not history you have to delete, its the cookies. You only have to delete the ones associated with this site, not all of them.

It helps if you can look at the specific cookies for this site first, then 'clear' them using whatever method, then check to make sure they have gone.

I suspect where it hasnt worked for people, all of the cookies may not have been deleted.

It's broken though, it shouldn't happen on a website in 2022 !

A strange one, But bare with me, If i access the site but im Logged out, I get all the Photo's, But Can not reply to any messages, So if i log in, The photo's Vanish, Bit annoying when i cant see the photo's in the 'Power of Love Thread'...... ......... Love is Power:thumbup:... Edit, My mistake apparently iv clicked on the Ignore this content Button.... Fine with me

Last edited:
This seems to have started the other day, Crispin did explain and this morning I could not even access the site at, but now seems to be running fine being accessed from Spain.

Stay safe

Regards

Dave

Its not history you have to delete, its the cookies. You only have to delete the ones associated with this site, not all of them.

It helps if you can look at the specific cookies for this site first, then 'clear' them using whatever method, then check to make sure they have gone.

I suspect where it hasnt worked for people, all of the cookies may not have been deleted.

It's broken though, it shouldn't happen on a website in 2022 !

Years ago when I wrote code or programs if you like? Memory and hard drives were seriously small, that is capacity was so limited that programs had to be written as accurate as can be and 'packaged' as tightly as possible, nowadays with copious amounts of memory/hard drives all faster than ever it seems that programs are written a little more shall we say.....with a little less care, the packaging less tidy, so just the slightest change can cause all sorts of problems, some easy to 'see' and just as easy to sort however, some errors/modifications can cause absolute carnage.

Whilst here I would say to anyone who runs/programs web pages that they allocate a 'space' for adverts, yes they bring in revenue but should be fenced to an area where the can be seen (of course) but not cover log in boxes for example, attempting to log in causes you to click on the advert. That is rarely an error!

Either way the site was down for a short period of time and it was sorted, also note a banner was put up explaining there were issues, and we should appreciate that.

Stay safe

Regards

Dave

Years ago when I wrote code or programs if you like? Memory and hard drives were seriously small, that is capacity was so limited that programs had to be written as accurate as can be and 'packaged' as tightly as possible, nowadays with copious amounts of memory/hard drives all faster than ever it seems that programs are written a little more shall we say.....with a little less care, the packaging less tidy, so just the slightest change can cause all sorts of problems, some easy to 'see' and just as easy to sort however, some errors/modifications can cause absolute carnage.
+1

Whilst here I would say to anyone who runs/programs web pages that they allocate a 'space' for adverts, yes they bring in revenue but should be fenced to an area where the can be seen (of course) but not cover log in boxes for example, attempting to log in causes you to click on the advert. That is rarely an error!
+1

Either way the site was down for a short period of time and it was sorted, also note a banner was put up explaining there were issues, and we should appreciate that.

Its fair enough that there can be problems when theres upgrades, computers break.. they're too complicated to work all the time. I appreciate the banner, and also appreciate that its not the admin's fault here - they are running a program that has bugs - I dont think they wrote it or created the bugs.

Bloody computers

+1

+1

Its fair enough that there can be problems when theres upgrades, computers break.. they're too complicated to work all the time. I appreciate the banner, and also appreciate that its not the admin's fault here - they are running a program that has bugs - I dont think they wrote it or created the bugs.

Bloody computers

Most programs such as forums like this are 'bought in' (not saying this is the case but look around) making it cheaper than writing one from scratch. These programs tend to be thoroughly tested on various platforms, but they are of course sold with support, normally when a mod is made by whoever did not write the code/program then this is often where problems arise, have you ever tried to debug somebody else's code/program when it goes awry?

Me, sure of course I debugged programs, but code and programs running the code are becoming more and more sophisticated and I eventually gave up on some, I simply was not good enough to keep up, went and got a HGV licence and drove a lorry for a few years and then moved to Spain, easier life.......not quite. :astonished:

Regards

Dave

Back