Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone going past Oldham/Manchester heading South?

warrenpfo

I have agreed to purchase some wheels and tyres (4) but they are in Oldham just outside Manchester.

By the time i drive up and collect the price is blown out the water so just wondering if we could get them closer to Berkshire.

No rush and the seller is happy to hold onto them for me if required but don't want to waste his time if its not going to work.

Just asking but dont want anyone to go out of there way.

Thanks

Are they Cooper STT by any chance i've been talking to a seller who agreed to sell the tyres alone for £375 but when i found the same tyres new for £113 delivered i figured it's just not worth the aggro .

Yep they are. He seems a decent chap and he has agreed 450 with rims. The rims are 16x8j so will fit my 80.

Yes does seem a good fella i was was gonna collect on my way back from the Isle of Man but having found the new price which is a lot less than i paid for my last set the detour and added fuel cost (distance and weight) it just didn't make sense , besides i only need to replace two .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ouch! i may regret it because i haven't ordered mine yet as i'm not sure if i need a third or not but Promotyres .

Though i've nothing to compare with i think the cooper are great on and off road and i believe the reason for this is the very soft rubber compound they are made with , but the flip side of the coin is i think they do tend to wear quicker than other tyres . Andy Lomas has 4 KM2'S that might also interest you if you care to send him a pm .

Just looking at the Promo Tyres website, boy they are competitive. They don't seem to have KM2's though. The BFG A/T's are a very good price. I will remember these when the new BFG A/T/s come out but initial reports indicate they won't be coming out in 275/285 16's in the 1st production run.

Andy

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Got the same situation with tyres I need to be collected from Kettering. I will be going up to Manchester for a family funeral at sometime in the next week or so. Just wondering if something could be worked out. I'm based in Bognor Regis and would try and pick my wheels up at the time of the funeral if my vendor can wait that long. I would otherwise need to make a special journey for mine unless I could find someone going past…if that makes sense.

Richard

Last edited:
Back