Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know the difference? 90 FX Colorado series

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Checking up on how many 90 series Collies are left in the UK and found this site. Not necessarily 100% accurate and references two types of FX model (FX and FX A). Both are showing as Diesel, just wondered anyone know if the FX A is the automatic and the FX manual?

How Many Left? - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

According to this the FX donates 1999 model , but I long ago decided the badges mean nothing because you might find a base spec has leather seats and a sunroof while posh spec doesn't . Body wise everything is interchangeable so i i reckon they just kept the parts bin from overflowing on the production line by adding stuff at random .

My 2001 d4d swb90 is a GX but its not missing much . Only once have i ever seen a 90 series sporting a D4D badge .

As Mick said plus it the sort of write up you will never ever see in a copy of TATA Owners Monthly

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think I might have to do a big save up just for the 10 cd player and a bigger set of wheels and tyres

Had a look at that and wondering where do you put the cds

1648079761742.png

I wouldn't take too much notice of the original link, my FX auto rarely shows up as an FX when searching for parts or insurance, I'm constantly having to call insurance companies at renewal time due to it being recorded as a GX. It never shows as an FX for buying spares. As has been said there's no flares so the wings are different in that they are not drilled, after someone hit my car a few years ago a front wing was special order from Japan. Wheels and tyres are different, narrower wheel different offset and 215 tyres in most cases.

Yeah, I thought the wheel/tyre
20210918_161019.jpg
spec was different but I have standard 0 offset with 265/70/16 and looks and works well. No rubber or binding issues but your @tim falce the FX doesn't always show up and I've also had the Auto box not show up on insurance.

Back