Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know what this red dash warning light is?

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
It’s on lower left hand side of row of warning lights. Came on flickering when I was driving a long drive. Not in my manual. (Excuse the drawing I am on the road)
Many thanks
55360D60-CF42-49DE-A2BE-4F0643D836C3.jpeg

And apparently it flashes when it kicks in to improve traction .

Sorry was high speed post at a short break driving in a convoy.
I am in a TLC80 doing about 70mph on a dry motorway, steady speeds.
I don’t think it’s traction control. I wish it was an emergency bacon sarnie!!
It is not shown in the owners manual I have but I got that after the car so they may not match.
I have never seen it light up eg pre ignition and none of the TLC folks I am with recognise it either.
Any other ideas from anyone ?
Thanks all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just used a torch to see all my manual 80 cluster warning lights and nothing resembles that .

Yes I have never seen / noticed it before. My car is an import and I suppose that might make a difference.
If it comes on again tomorrow I will try to take a photo
And I have no catalytic converter fitted.

So the instrument cluster was changed at some point from km to mileage. I wonder if a petrol dash was put in and that has come from a car with a catalytic converter ??

In that case then, why would the switch be wired and working, as your truck would have no need for it ?

Its not difficult to remove the cluster pull the bulbs and shine a torch into the holes lighting up everything .

Yes will shine a torch when we get home. And post the image
Maybe it is not connected but was shorting hence the flickering ?

Your drawing resembles maybe a car from above so if your still on the road it might be worth having a look at the rear right wheel and caliper .

Back