Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone on here?

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Whilst driving in the Walkley area of Sheffield I spied a very tidy light green/silver Colorado with a snorkel and winch behind the bumper. Stood well on the road as it went the other way. The last 3 letters were FFG and I think it was a pre D4D model as I think it wasn't a D4D colour.

Anyone on here by chance??

This one, Andy?

65816731-75F6-4B45-9924-B96DC38EDBFB.jpeg

That looks like Towsure’s car park? Sure I’ve seen that one there before.

Its sad that the 90 series was never given much credit for how good they are and yet did you ever hear anyone say they regretted owning one . Whats the odds that less than 10 years from now when they are nigh on extinct people will want to start saving them .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It’s a nice truck. LPG. We parked next to it at the Fat Cat last year and ended up having a pint and chatting Cruisers with the owner and his wife as you do.

Months and many random pints later it turns out he’s my mechanic’s dad.

Ah! the memories, That's a carbon copy of my old Colorado. I use to love the colour...285,000 miles on the clock when i sold it... And Yes Andy It makes me Want another.. These are the Last two Photos i took The day i sold it for that 120 lc5.......WWWWHHHYYY!!! :icon-cry:
colorado 1.jpg
colorado 2.jpg

Never Ever again Shayne. A hard lesson learned, Knowing what i know now, I should have kept it. I often flick through ebay looking at 90s.... Iv said it many times, The most underrated 4x4 ever made...

Its sad that the 90 series was never given much credit for how good they are and yet did you ever hear anyone say they regretted owning one . Whats the odds that less than 10 years from now when they are nigh on extinct people will want to start saving them .

From what I've seen recently Shayne there won't be any UK supplied Colorados left. Apart from my V6 which really was good, every other Collie has been dire for rust. I agree that they were under rated and durable and really quite comfortable but rust is going to see them off. Its a pity because in warmer climes the things are like new underneath and will last indefinitely, when I go to Cyprus I'm quite amazed at the condition of their 90's. Maybe theres a case of importing a rust free one and preserving it.
I enjoyed every mile I drove in mine and every minute of owning both of them.

Guess i was lucky because theres no rust worth mentioning on either of my swb and one of them has had no treatment at all underneath , pipe dreams about galvanizing result in procrastination don't you know :oops:

Back