Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone recognise this truck?

Bodie

Country Flag
great_britain
Before the listing finishes, does anyone recognise this truck on Ebay? one of the images shows a rear single spare wheel carrier, which looks like it's been fitted to the standard Landcruiser rear bumper.

The problem is, the photo is poor, it looks like a home build, but just want to know if this is actually an 'off the shelf' item?
Cheers.

This looks like a home made swing arm put on the corner of a late 96 onwards 80 badged "Amazon" towbar. The towbars were different to the pre "Amazon" ones as the exhaust exits about a foot nearer the centreline.

Thanks for coming back Andy.... I think you're right, home made! I know I'll probably have to go down the swing arm bumper route, but I'm intrigued to see alternatives possibilities of fixing a simple but strong spare wheel carrier to the chassis/bumper/towbar.

This looks like a home made swing arm put on the corner of a late 96 onwards 80 badged "Amazon" towbar. The towbars were different to the pre "Amazon" ones as the exhaust exits about a foot nearer the centreline.

Also..... interesting to know about the towbar and exhaust on the later Amazon badged 80s, which mine is.
Learn every day here.... cheers.

Thanks Shayne...... I don't suppose you know anyone who uses one?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary altered his to carry a 35" tyre i think so it will be in his "my 80" thread somewhere .

It says in the advert what make it is, not that googling it came with any success. Gary had a kaymar tire carrier I think

IIRC I've got a Toyota swingaway sparewheel carrier which bolts to the rear of the chassis, maybe using the towbar mountings. Apparently its genuine Toyota and I've never seen another. I'll have a dig round and see if I can find it to get some photos of it so some ideas may be taken from it.

It says in the advert what make it is, not that googling it came with any success. Gary had a kaymar tire carrier I think

Cheers guys.....
I wish I'd have looked at your reply earlier Nick.... took me ages to go through Gary's 'My 80 thread' (brilliant though it is) to find out it was a Kaymar!

But thanks for the replies guys, it's certainly given me alternatives to have a look at.

Im sure there's a lesson there....

I have a kayma on borris

Thanks Karl..... I did try to find a photo on the site of it on Borris, but without success! Did you ship yours in or find one in the UK? What are your thoughts on it?

I do like them. Mine has some flex but not a huge amount.
It was already on the truck. I wouldn't say it would be a major item for a fan shop to copy.

Attachments

• 20190417_151430.jpg
    20190417_151430.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180218_101704(0).jpg
    20180218_101704(0).jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 38
Thanks Karl, certainly looks a good alternative to a full steel swing away bumper. Did some digging.... unfortunately seems that Kaymar no longer manufacture it for the 80 and if they did, I get the impression they've never had a supply route in to the UK anyway..... shame.
But never say never!.... just need to get that 35" off the roof really.

There is a Surf one that might just modify. Very similar to the OEM body mounted swing away one

Back