Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone requiring technical advice fitting heavy duty drawer slides

Jonslide

I'm the group technical director of GSF slides and get involved with military vehicle conversions requiring heavy kit extractions. Landcrusier owners often contact us for advice in selecting very long slides for tool drawers, beds or emergency power units. We're the guys who fit out the special forces vehicles, so we have plenty of experience.
Please feel free to mail me at [email protected] or visit our online shop gsfpromounts.com

We don't have minimum orders and our advice is free.
Jon

Fan flippin tastic to have you on the forum Jon. Drooled over your products many times. I especially like the slides that lock. I have wondered whether I could replace my current fridge slide runners with the locking ones.

Hi Chris, thanks for the vote of confidence. I will arrange for a 10% discount code for members. The locking container slides have been put in our clearance section to make way for new products, so they have 20% off them currently.

Yep, they're the ones. I need to measure up and see if one of those is what I have on my slide. That would be a great mod. Do you just put one locker per side or is there a left and right side locker or what? Never quite understood.

The locking container slides are handed LH & RH, but they are supplied as a pair. One each side with front latches to lock and unlock the slides. Bit of overkill at 200kg loading but fridges get a lot of a abuse.

Last edited:
I'll measure up tomorrow. Quite big slides. The slide locks but I actually need to modify to actually shorten the overall length by a very small amount.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon, had a look at mine and they don't seem to measure up to anything I can see on screen. They are marked up REPON

Closed they measure 800 mm. Fully extended in three sections they are 1640. Height of the rail is about 53 mm and width 19mm.

Anything you can advise me on?

Chris

Chris, you have a basic furniture slide from Taiwan. Our equivalent is the ULF D length 800mm found in the Thomas Regout section of the promounts website. Ex stock, shipped next day. This site won't let me post the link, but they are £47.94 per pair. Delivery is £8. All plus VAT
Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody mentioned Accuride slides which are very similar to the ULF D, however the dealer price for a pair of their 5321 at 800mm is £78.53 using the link provided. The only difference is they have a width of 19mm and ours are 17.5mm. The ULF's have an 848mm travel and loading of 121kg.

Well if that is the case they have done very well Jon. These are second hand and have done at least 4 trips across Africa most of several months each. So not rubbish that's for sure and still working very well indeed. But, the fridge slide has to have a separate locking mechanism that I'd like to ditch. Being able to lock the actual slide would be great. Had a look at the specs but I can't see which one you mean. There isn't one just called ULF D. There are HD. D HD soft close etc. This is what I have always found very confusing about the specs on your pages. Unless you live and breath sliders it's not that obvious. Can you just goive em the product code perhaps? I can't see 53 x 19. These have to fit into an existing frame so the dimensions are quite important. The slide sits on the base so if the replacement is taller the holes won't line up. Thinner isn't a problem. The width of the sliders is equally important. 2 mm per side for example would be a 4 mm gap in total that would need to be made up. I can do this with shims and washers etc but the closer to the original size the better

Chris, we have specified Repon in the past and they are a great furniture slide if you are calling off upwards of 500 pairs at a time. Getting hold of a retrofitable single pair will be near impossible.
Our range on the Promounts site is laid out for small usage without hitting the end user with high MOQ's. So you can purchase just a single pair rather than the 250 where we usually operate. I would suggest the ULF HD D length 800mm as a suitable replacement. The holes will not line up, and the profile varies slightly. Finding the exact slide drillings will probably mean a discussion with Repon.
This site will not allow me to post exact links, which would have been a lot easier.

Yes, one pair would be sufficient Jon thanks. Ha ha.

This would be the 10.1002.0800 I am guessing. But I can't see that in the lockable version. I can see one that holds the slide with a sort of spring clip at the far end of the slide but that's not what I want. That's not going to hold a fully laden fridge in place off road. It is specifically THIS that I am after.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 23.29.59.jpg

If that's available then that might be the ticket. It's just not showing on the options tab. The sizes are VERY close on the 800 version for sure.

Once you have enough posts Jon you will be able to put links in. BTW I like the slide and tilt version. That could be very useful in a build like this.

Chris, that image is from a 76 x19mm profile slide, 227 kg load capacity. We don't have the 800mm version in our stocks as it's been superseded by the TR7619 LOC in our Thomas Regout range. The green lock is tested at 300kg to hold then fridge in and out and used on emergency vehicles, so it's equal to that in the image.
To have the ULF HD D with locks on will need a 250 pair order, so we'll need 249 other like minded guys to spread the hurt lol

OK they'd do but I shall have to measure up again to see if I could get those bigger slides in. They are wider and taller. Taller shouldn't be an issue. But the width might be too much.

Here is the 10% discount code for the gsfpromounts.com site and is valid for forum members only: FGVL69BX72
Paste prior to payment. This will cover all products on our site for European delivery.

Thanks Jon. Much appreciated. Good to have suppliers of quality kit along with us.

I'm the group technical director of GSF slides and get involved with military vehicle conversions requiring heavy kit extractions. Landcrusier owners often contact us for advice in selecting very long slides for tool drawers, beds or emergency power units. We're the guys who fit out the special forces vehicles, so we have plenty of experience.
Please feel free to mail me at [email protected] or visit our online shop gsfpromounts.com

We don't have minimum orders and our advice is free.
Jon

Jon
Do you have distributor in Canada? I see a tilt slide that is on the fire trucks. Curiously, I don't want it to carry more than 25 Kg, sort of overhead in my land cruiser.
Is there a 'light duty' version in aluminum for minimum weight? Say for a 110 cm deep slider?
Jon

Hi Cruiserpilot,

We deal direct into Canada via the ProMounts site. Dealers will put 40% on the price and that's not what we're about. You can purchase online in Canadian $ and have flat rate delivery charged, regardless of quantity. The slide & tilt rails have just one variety and we tend to stick with the volume market on this. We can supply the 1100mm rail length from stock. link here: http://www.gsf-promounts.com/tilting-drawers/ for £111.06 GBP + delivery for the set.

We do have a full aluminum range of drawer slides. Have a look at the Radial 5229 which is used on a lot of defence applications. We go to 1,000mm closed length but the extension is over 1,100mm to compensate. The buy online link is here: http://www.gsf-promounts.com/radial-slide-5229-135-220kg-aluminium/

Jon

QF action 6.jpg

Here are some Quick Fist tool mounts on a military 4x4, all kitted out for operational use. We have some cracking special forces images on land Cruiser platforms, but they cannot be released. I'll have a look and see what's in the public domain and upload some.

Hi Jon,

Can I just check I have understood correctly. If I want to make a fridge slide that locks both when closed and when extended, I'd need one TR7619 LOC and one TR7619 (non-locking)? Thanks

Back