Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone residing in South Africa or Aus?

S

sunnysingh

I'm currently based in Tanzania and want to import a car from either SA or Aus.
The vehicle in question is a 79series duel cab pickup 4.5L V8.

I was wondering if anyone owns one and what advise/ opinion they have on it regarding fuel economy, power, off road capability etc..

Unfortunately Toyota Tanzania dont manufacture the above engine and we only get the 4.2L straight 6 1HZ! hence my thoughts of importing a car instead.

The reason Toyota don't sell the 4.5L V8 may be due to the quality of the fuel in Tanzania?
I know somewhere on this forum is a post by a member who drove from Dubai? to Zimbabwe? and back and on his return the engine in his vehicle had suffered due to fuel quality and was repaired under warranty, If I remember correctly.
I could be wrong, have you asked at a dealership why the V8 is not available?

Maybe Tanzania is looking to join the EU ?

The reason Toyota don't sell the 4.5L V8 may be due to the quality of the fuel in Tanzania?
I know somewhere on this forum is a post by a member who drove from Dubai? to Zimbabwe? and back and on his return the engine in his vehicle had suffered due to fuel quality and was repaired under warranty, If I remember correctly.
I could be wrong, have you asked at a dealership why the V8 is not available?

You are correct, part of it is due to poor fuel quality. Having said that the market here is flooded with Toyota's, dealerships stock anything from a 2016 200 series Landcruiser to a 2017 Hilux which makes me wonder poor fuel quality cant not be THE only issue.
We have owned our 80 series for nearly 20 years and this car has never missed a beat, covering almost 500,000kms.

Back