Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone up for trying this?

OK. I'll come and watch you.

Sometimes feels like its doing that :lol:

I saw some of this when I was there during 2005/2006.

We used to drive the dunes near Mesaieed (Sealine Beach Resort).

But in the video, I'm confused as to why the airborne wheels are not spinning. The only way to get drive to the "road" wheels would be to have all the diffs locked, meaning the airborne wheels would be spinning, not stationary. :think: :?

I saw some of this when I was there during 2005/2006.

We used to drive the dunes near Mesaieed (Sealine Beach Resort).

But in the video, I'm confused as to why the airborne wheels are not spinning. The only way to get drive to the "road" wheels would be to have all the diffs locked, meaning the airborne wheels would be spinning, not stationary. :think: :?

I reckon he knocks it into neutral and coasts when he's up on 2 wheels. In parts of the vid it looks like he's gradually slowing down when he's up there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I reckon he knocks it into neutral and coasts when he's up on 2 wheels. In parts of the vid it looks like he's gradually slowing down when he's up there.

Its the only explanation I can come up with! Under drive, the airborne wheels would have to be spinning!

Could always have a line lock to the brakes to stop them spinning?

They are crazy there though, have you seen any of the other videos?

i have seen these videos a few times and always wondered how they do it. i did think about line locks as well but have seen them switch for side to side. also seen them where they are going for miles on the flat. so i dont think either suggestion is 100% correct. i have do think the most likly is the line locks. lots of videos like it on youtube and arab drifting which is crazy.
stu

If the driver feathered the brake while keeping the power on, heel and toeing like rally driver's do, or used to do, it would stop the airborn wheels turning but the car would keep moving. Maybe. Gilbert Bataille used to do this same stunt years ago with huge trucks.

you dont see the brakelights coming on i the other vids when you see them out side.
on you tube search for crazy arabs and the first video shows all sorts of views of these nutters

How ironic it was that it was one of the non-driven tyres that blew in the first vid, especially after the amount of sidewall rubber that was being left on the road lol

Dooh if the diffs were locked even putting the truck in Neutral would not stop the airborne wheels turning.

Sarmajor

Looking at the witness marks on those tyres where they have been contacting the road they must be running at 100 psi.

The ones who wear seatbelts don't embrace death :icon-biggrin:.

Frank

Back