Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone used http://www.amayama.com/

Nice find, I wonder how much shipping to the UK is :think: I have submitted an enquiry for a rear diff lock actuator to see how much it costs. Looks like you can buy a brand new gearbox from them for £
2897.52 plus delivery and taxes which sounds very cheap.

Interesting, rear actuator is slightly cheaper than Milners including all duties and handling fees, not that I am after one but interesting comparison. Anyone know if they are trustworthy? Would broaden our part supplier selection and possibly cut down on lead times if they are trustworthy. Also I wonder if they take responsibility if parts go missing.

how did you work out import duties due for that actuator Rob? I checked a few parts, like 80 series door rubbers and they came out quite expensive, which is a shame.

That seems right Rob, just wanted to check you weren't going to get stuck with a bigger bill than you expected.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
From the amayama quote:

VALVE AIR Toyota 4145060042
Total £261.56
Delivery £19.28
Total order amount £280.84

And from the duty calculator website:
- Duty:£12.64
- VAT:£58.70
Total import duty & taxes due:£71.33
Total landed cost (excluding handling fees):£352.17

So if you add £10 DHL handling fee it will be £362.17 for a rear 80 series diff actuator which seems cheap. I went for parts delivered from UAE not Japan and was careful to select GBP. Did you select the cheapest country Jon? I have also asked them if they will cover the cost or replacement parts if they are damaged or go missing in transit, will update when I get an answer. They seem to be slow at reply to emails and quotes.

Edit: that is significantly cheaper than Milners, which is £480.00 inc VAT plus delivery.

Last edited:
I probably chose Japan for the delivery time plus not sure what the 35% chance of delays for UAE really means? Next time I need something I will do a proper comparison. Who's going to try them out and be the forum guinea pig? :lol:

Rob, so is that a genuine rear diff actuator at that price? Where as Milners is an aftermarket one?

My rear diff doesn't engage .. but to date have been too scared to take it off for fear of what I will find!

The Milner one is genuine as well, check their website to be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So did anybody ever become the guinea pig for these?

If not, I'm willing to give it a go.

I want the two u/j's from the front drive shaft, now I think I have the right part numbers but I'd like someone to double check them and post on here.

I also want 2 front cv joints (newer, stronger type) and the newer type flanges (mine is a 1991 hdj81) to allow me to do the upgrade. (Front axle rebuild is on the cards as part of my overlanding build, and I want to keep my original OEM ones as spares so might as well do it now while they are still fine)

I have been playing with the site for the last half hour and looking at reviews for it in Canada and OZ and the feedback seems all good.

So I think I have all the right part numbers jotted down, but I want someone a bit sharper at that than me to post them as well so I know I haven't made a mistake. Its not like I can throw them back in the box and drive to the UAE to change them the next afternoon!!

Yes with good results. You put in a request for parts they then come back to you after a little while 5 days I think it was with a price and you then make payment.

Works well and the price is always good.

Thanks Warren, I like the sound of that so. I shall go ahead and order my stuff!!

Back