Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Apologies to Yodel

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
Well, I stand corrected . . .

Having slagged-off Yodel for delivering the wrong packet and being unable to trace the correct one, I had a couple of on-line 'chats' with their reps. They said that Yodel would investigate.

"Yeah, Right !" I thought.

Today I received another message saying that my packet had been incorrectly shown as "Delivered" and it had been found and was on its way.

Half an hour later it arrived.

I take it back - Well done Yodel and thanks to the Chat Room crew - Bikas Pandey, Sarika Gomes and Abhishek Kataria (are they REALLY in Leicestershire ?).

Bob.

I have to say that I have more trouble with late deliveries by Royal Mail than any other courier. I've had a few packages delivered by Hermes recently where they've left them just behind the side gate when there was no one in or we couldn't get to the door quick enough. As far as delivery times go though they beat RM hands down.

Agree with your comments about RM Towpack. Their only redeeming feature as far as I am concerned, is our regular long term postman, and are on first name terms with, goes out of his way for service. Example, he was on holiday and a package I was expecting went missing. RM were useless, but when I told him on his return, he tracked it down and delivered it.

Exactly the experience with us TM. We’ve had a great postie with common sense for the last 10 or so years. Brilliant.
I can add about Hermes that they recently lost a parcel I’d sold on eBay. Once I contacted Hermes they got onto it and tried in vain to track it down so I had to claim on their insurance which coughed up all but my packing charges. The Hermes delivery lady we have is also brilliant with common sense to leave stuff in a safe place or with a neighbour and a sunshine personality to brighten the dullest day. Never had a problem sending or receiving by Hermes aside from the above. In fact, very little trouble with any of them.
Fun fact:- apparently UPS drivers are penalised for using up more than an allowance for driving in reverse.

Back