Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB 24v compressor problem

moggy1968

Hope someone can help me here
My 24V ARB compressor has stopped working. I think it is a relay labelled P1512XP which switches the motor.

Now, the motor is 24v so reasonably there is 24 coming into it from the red wire. There is a blue, which according to the wiring diagram comes from the pressure switch and has 12v coming through (some of the parts of the compressor are only 12v so that sounds OK)

However, the relay is labelled 12v, So is the the correct relay to use for this compressor? It is the one it came with. If so, anyone know where I can get new relays?

Ta

The relay is probably operated by the 12v control circuit of the compressor, a smaller wire than the main 24v wires that go to switch the motor. In which case a 12v relay is what's needed. This refers to the coil voltage. Test it to see that it's dead first. You can bridge out the contacts that connect power to the compressor. If the compressor runs, you know that's OK. Test across the coil with a multimeter set to DC volts, you should get 12v. Disconnect the wires and set multimeter to Ohms and test across the coil. You should get a reading, not zero or open circuit.

Pop up a photo of the relay.

Try a Google search for the number, otherwise any 12v relay will do as long as it can handle the current drawn by the compressor plus the same again for good measure.

Back