Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Arb Compressor installed - with photos

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Just thought you might wanna see the new Compressor installed (but not wired up). I've been trying to figure out how to install it for ages, and have been hijacking various threads wingeing about it.

A HUGE thank-you to @Chris for making the mounting tray for me, and the new fuel filter bracket, and for generally letting me hang out in his most excellent man cave. It all worked a treat and utilised some otherwise un-useable space in the engine bay - not to mention it was a bloody fun way to spend a couple of days.

IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_6121.JPG

Oh man, we could of had an arb compressor party at the weekend.

Nick you were very welcome over at Wingerworth Manor. It was a pleasure having you. Sorry about the poor supply of tea though. I shall speak to housekeeping about that.
It all worked out rather neat and very solid.

I should point out that powder coating it orange wasn't exactly my idea. Or even at all. But it's come out looking certainly quite individual. We were quite lucky that the twin fuel filters were mounted like they were. We spun them through 180 and used the mounting holes in the wing to come off for the compressor plate. It's all on rubber bobbins to reduce the vibration when it's running and to reduce the battering it could get on poor surfaces.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back