Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Arctic Russia Trip??

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Thanks to Lorin putting up that link on the other Russia thread:)

It has really got me thinking & I have been in touch with Nicolas of Geko Expeditions with loads of questions, he is away in Madagascar on a trip at the moment and will get back to me with more details early November.

Certainly Russia is on my to do list, I had generally thought more of the Eastern side /Mongolia etc, but this seems a good introduction and only about a month long which is much more favourable at the moment with time off work etc.
As many of you may know & have done some pretty deep desert stuff in Libya & Egypt but this type of trip is completely new to me and not like tootling around Morocco !
Any suggestions / input would be appreciated

Meanwhile is any body else likely to be seriously interested in this, I know Sam & Tom will be up for it.

Andy

Spent most of my working life in central asia and russia including uguzbekistan and Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan

I would really like to do this. But I am not sure if the world around me will line up in a way to make it possible.

So keenly watching with a huge amount of interest as details unfold. Just in case..

Andy I am also seriously interested in this trip
No idea where I will be in 2018 but once booked I guess it’s a case of just telling my employer I’ll be away all month
We should talk more.
Wrote this last week but it didn't send. Doh.

I’d also be seriously interested. I will wait for Nicolas to get back to you and may then have a few questions to ask him. If there is a few people interested then it is well worth us discussing it further.

Chris, will have a chat on Sunday

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You read my mind

I would really like to do this. But I am not sure if the world around me will line up in a way to make it possible.

So keenly watching with a huge amount of interest as details unfold. Just in case..

I'm about here too - as a possibility.

Spent most of my working life in central asia and russia including uguzbekistan and Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan

I'm planning a trip for 2019 and would like to pass through Turkmenistan. I've heard that you need a guide to drive a foreign vehicle in the country. Do you know if that is true?

interest as observer at moment. On the plans but after Africa (in few yrs) and likely 2yr+ trip

Back