Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are 80 series factory diff lockers any good?

What I like about the e locker is that there is not rotational torque that can keep the locker engaged after deselecting. The factory front and rear too can suffer from wind up which makes disengaging quite hard at times. Hard to explain if you haven't seen inside one, but the e locker seems guaranteed to disengage within 1/2 a turn every time. But then it does disengage temporarily when you reverse. But all of these are less complicated than the factory. Personally, the air locker does it for me. But installation is critical.

Yeah i’ve seen that video, and agree with the presenter, the unlocking while changing direction is a bit of a downer. There are a lot of occasions that that would be a headache. I think if I could choose, i’d go with the TJM Pro locker, but that’s twice the price of the others after instal.
I see what you mean about the wind up but I wouldn’t think it’d be a deal breaker.
I don’t think i’ll go with the factory locker just due to the amount of unknowns with it and the fact that it’s 20 years old. I’ll have to save some pennies, and I do some more research closer to the time.
Thanks again for all your help :text-thankyoublue:

Back