Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are there any surfers/body boarders amongst us??

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
We've had a couple of summer holidays to Devon & Cornwall in the past & were told by a surf shop dude that October is a good time to surf down there. Mum wants us all to get together in a cottage for October half-term, all being my lot (6 of us), my sisters lot (6 of them) & my folks... I've suggested heading down to that neck of the woods in the hope that we could get the body boards out for a bit of action...

Has anyone got any experience of October surf or recommended spots to hit?? We've been around Perranporth in Cornwall & Woolacombe in Devon in the summer months...

Cheers

Windsurfer & Surfer here, yes quite right, being the "windy season" it's good for waves, but can get a bit rough!! North shore is always best for waves. Saunton N Devon is a safe spot in most weathers & less touristy. You will be wanting proper winter wetsuits that time of year though.

Used to be huge on it in Cape Town,

I dare not look the pictures !!

As for the UK, sorry, nothing to add.

Gra.

Gav, Jim is a keen surfer might be worth calling him.

Cheers guys

Cptsideways said:
You will be wanting proper winter wetsuits that time of year though
Really :o Surf-dood said the water would be relatively warm that time of year... :? Maybe not in that case!!!

Good call Rob - I had forgotten the Jimster was a legend of the waves :mrgreen:

Gav Peter said:
Cheers guys

Cptsideways said:
Really :o Surf-dood said the water would be relatively warm that time of year... :? Maybe not in that case!!!

Well yes the water is relatively warm, probably about 14degC but it could be 5degC out of the water too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cptsideways said:
Gav Peter said:
Cheers guys

Cptsideways said:

Well yes the water is relatively warm, probably about 14degC but it could be 5degC out of the water too.

I call that Fecking freezing :lol:
I like my water to be at least 30 degrees :thumbup:
sorry :oops: back on track now :thumbup:

Joe

Back