Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are they really as good?

Lewis07

Looking to buy a 2011 LC after muuch soul searching and an unwise purchase of a Santa Gay. But before I take the plunge I'd like some reassurance on the build quality of the latest in the line. All comments welcome. Thanks.

I've driven a few (fake test drives to drool over) and think they lush.

I doubt it's going to fall apart on you or be of poor build quality - Mr-T does not do that as a rule of thumb :thumbup:

Not too many folk here that have a 150 (we're all poor 'n' stuff) :thumbdown:

Have you taken one for a drive? If you ask nicely and the saleman is in a good mode, they do do extended test drives. :whistle:

Have had 3 test drives including 1 extended. My local dealer is a god. I love the car but just need to hear the latest model is all it seems.

Guess it's "what do you want to do with it?" As a normal road car with the occasional offroading - it'll be perfect. As a mud-plugger - probably wrong vehicle. Drive across Africa? I would think so but I'll leave that topic as its less painful to kick a hornets nest while wearing my mankini with the debate tat rages.

Stop Press - might be getting a 150 as company car. Wahay!

Watch this space.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a LC4 150 in March. So far I have done 17k in it, mostly on the m/way with occasional excursions off road around my parents (which is why I need 4x4).

Compared with the Freelander 2 I had before it is terrific, though perhaps a little bit more thirsty. Strangely the FL2 over estimated the mpg by around 10% whilst my LC4 under estimates the MPG by around 10% (calculated at the pumps) which means my auto LC4 is about 1 mpg thirstier than the auto FL2.

Other than that anomaly, the car has behaved perfectly though the dealer I bought it from didn't quite get the PDI right, overfilling the cooling system and didn't properly adjust the handbrake.

Took 5 adults, 3 bikes and a boot/topbox full of stuff on a 3k trip to europe including some off roading without a hiccup.

Best car I ever bought...

Jon

Other than that anomaly, the car has behaved perfectly though the dealer I bought it from didn't quite get the PDI right, overfilling the cooling system and didn't properly adjust the handbrake

How very unToyo like to even need that. Was it new?

This reply is fours years late so the OP might be long gone, however:

I just bought a 150, the new one with the 2.8 diesel and six speed auto. I will commute with it, tow a caravan with it and explore dirt roads and fire trails here in OZ.

I need a tow car and went for a 150 because my son just got out of a 2009 150 with just over 100,000 klms on it and he replaced it with a new 150.

In six years of daily driving and many trips towing a ski boat near and far his 150 never missed a beat. Here in OZ, these things sell themselves.

Hi Mr. Puddock, I have a 3 litre diesel 5 speed 150, great vehicle,tows 2 tons faultlessly and decent c 30 mpg consistent fuel economy when nottowing (mainly motorway but some urban) – but interested to hear how the new2.8 engine and 6 speed auto box work out, please keep us posted.....

Back