Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are you running 265/70 R17 Cooper AT3?

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
Before I take the plunge, I want to ensure that they fit well, don't rub, perform well and are a good tyre for the 120.

Also, I need to ensure that it will fit under the 120 as my car has the underslung spare.

Any experience of these?

I have Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 265/65R17 120 R fitted to my LC 120, very happy with them, no issues at all.

G.

I'm guessing it's the 70 bit that's the concern. From what I've read a lot of the Aussies run that size but I know sizes all vary slightly across manufacturers. I picked up a couple of cheap new KL71 in that size and am in the same situation holding off buying the others. They 'should' fit but I can bet when I bolt them on something will rub.

I'm guessing it's the 70 bit that's the concern. From what I've read a lot of the Aussies run that size but I know sizes all vary slightly across manufacturers. I picked up a couple of cheap new KL71 in that size and am in the same situation holding off buying the others. They 'should' fit but I can bet when I bolt them on something will rub.

Yeah, it's the 70 that concerns me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the 70 profile in Bf's and the front wheel would catch on full lock in reverse only very slightly though. and the under slung spare fits too.

Are there any benefits other than the slight improvement in ground clearance?

I've also seen that there are 255/70R17 available. They are 1/2 way between the 265/65 and 265/70 in diameter, but £100 less for 5 tyres. Any thoughts on those?

Back