Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ascd

warrenpfo

Keen to get mine blocked off and removed from the side of the engine. I went to my local Bosch in South Africa and was told 6 months at best to get the blanking plate.

I am more than happy to make one but not so keen to remove the ASCD trace a template and then bolt it back on only to have to remove it later for good.

Does anyone have an ASCD lying around they could trace, scan and post as a pdf or email it to me so i can get one laser cut.

If so great if not then no worries but worth trying my luck.

Thanks

Do you have a diesel repair shop locally other than the Bosch dealer? I think the same blanking plate is used on numerous pump types and I got one from a diesel repair place near me for nothing as they had plenty knocking around. I'll measure it up for size, hole spacing etc and post it up here if you don't get fixed up.

Thanks i will call around but being Africa it will be easier just to get one made i would think.

I made one out ot a scrap of old 1/8 alu i found on the floor of the workshop, used the old o ring. It was fine, theres really nothing to it.

These are the dimensions of the plate I got from the diesel shop. It's 8mm steel plate but I don't really think it needs to be that heavy.

Scan 1.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Many thanks, i should be able to make some thing up now. Will give it a go over the weekend

Back