Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aussie Landcruiser Gear by the Container Load - Who's in?

can you squeeze a 40 series in for me:whistle:

A lot of 60 parts are available in Oz that aren't available here so could be handy. How would you organise the stockpiling/loading in Oz though

Hi Moggy, glad to meet you. If your userID numbers have anything to do with your birthdate, then we have two things in common, We're both old farts and own Landcruisers....... that's what the missus calls me anyway.

But re organising and arranging shipping, that's what we do daily albeit on a smaller scale normally per shipment. I have a 780sqm workshop and warehouse which is my playground, including pallet racking and forklift for our everyday needs, plus huge fully enclosed bitumised yard, so the container handling and filling is no issue. Just a timing, planning, organising project which I relish.
It's more a case of making sure it's filled efficiently and creates a cost-effective outcome for everyone.
The more it gets filled, the better the outcome.
What 40 do you have in mind? Do you have one already here?
Cheers. Chris

Last edited:
Hi CHris, yes I'd be interested too, although at the min I'd be looking for a set of MaxTrax and a n aftermarket carpet set for a 100 series. Like others have said, it depends on the savings.

Regards
Andy

Possibly interested in a couple of bits for a Landcruiser and or Nissan Patrol.

Last edited:
I could be interested in a long range fuel tank, and possibly a bumper/spare wheel mount cos the spare wheel will have to move ... this project should have been some way down the line

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys, I expected there would be a few long range fuel tanks amongst the items.
If you do get a moment, just zip me an email with vehicle specifics, make/model/year/engine etc.
Just use [email protected] and I'll confirm receipt.
On Monday I will start listing up applicable items in the Commercial section, Crispin is hoping to have something set up in there by then and I can do some 'by model' posts.
Cheers. Chris

Hi Moggy, glad to meet you. If your userID numbers have anything to do with your birthdate, then we have two things in common, We're both old farts and own Landcruisers....... that's what the missus calls me anyway.

But re organising and arranging shipping, that's what we do daily albeit on a smaller scale normally per shipment. I have a 780sqm workshop and warehouse which is my playground, including pallet racking and forklift for our everyday needs, plus huge fully enclosed bitumised yard, so the container handling and filling is no issue. Just a timing, planning, organising project which I relish.
It's more a case of making sure it's filled efficiently and creates a cost-effective outcome for everyone.
The more it gets filled, the better the outcome.
What 40 do you have in mind? Do you have one already here?
Cheers. Chris
now thats a damn handy facility to know about!! Only joking about the 40 (at the moment!!), blown all my money on the 60 rebuild!! Would like some 60 series parts though. would probably be off ebay but if I can have them delivered to your workshop/warehouse as they come in that would be handy:thumbup:

The handle isn't my age, one year out! It comes from the 1968 morris minor traveller I used to have. When I needed a hotmail address it became tricky because I have a common name so used moggy1968, then someone picked up on it when I was in the army and I became known as moggy (or captain moggy!)

I would probably be looking at some body parts (lights etc) and a gearbox rebuild kit

Last edited:
Mmm - EFS suspension components. Very nice. How would the warranty work on stuff like that? My ToughDogs have underwhelmed - as has the warranty claim response!

Interested in a few bits if the price is right. Need the cash for the new house but I know these opportunities don't happen often so I am interested. Sent you an email with my wishlist on Friday in case you would like to put a forum name to my email.

When you put the lists up Chris, can you put little tick boxes next to each item. I have been out and bought a bulk box of biros. :thumbup:

OK, the first list is done, fuel tanks. This is probably one of the most sought after items per the emails so far, so figured I'd start there.
To everyone who has sent emails and the nice comments, thank you. It is appreciated. I am getting to you all.

^^Chris, I tried to add little boxes to the list, sorry, wouldn't work........ Just use white-out on your screen and that should solve any duplication issues.....

Gary, I can certainly offer the EFS gear, have great faith in the product and have been running it in my own 80 for years. Nothing is perfect, but all round a great performer.
Warranty is a problem due to distance only and time zones only, not support. Obviously I'm not going to ask you to send a shockie back for testing, it'd cost more to freight it back than a new one is worth hence this container idea. But if this idea takes off, and what I have in mind comes to fruition, then there's a good chance of replacing items of my own volition. You have to remember I want to re-visit the UK without being mugged at the gates.

Moggy, as noted in the initial post, I am going to have to say no to anything not sourced through myself due to the effort and time being put into this. There may well be a cubic metre left over at the end and I will decide then if anything is allowed, but if I OK it now then I'll get swamped with Koala fur seat covers and Akubra hats. So for now for fairness to everyone else, only gear through FNB 4WD is getting pushed inside the container.

For all the other requests so far I will work through them and get back to you here, or if it is a popular line it will get added to the threads in my fancy new sub-forum Crispin set up in 'Commercial For Sale'.

Thanks guys. Chris

Thank you to everyone sending emails, hopefully the information is helpful so far. I now have my shipping container quote in and it looks pretty favourable. It means if we can fill it for everyone, the cubic rate will be around £55-60 per tank as an example, versus £500+ sending it express with say Fedex or TNT or similar. A huge saving.
so now its on to minimising duties charges. VAT is not something that can change, but I may be able to limit duties charges so and now working on this.
But please note it is dependent on numbers. If the container isn't near full then the cubic rate for those taking up the opportunity will simply go up. I am not planning on taking anyone's hard earned silver unless this can work, but once all the pieces in place we will need to get in and make it happen.

So timing with currency rates etc is all important, along with keeping costs down on handling and processing through customs. I will keep you informed as I go. Those people who have already submitted their wish list, I can start getting those values and shipping estimates to you. Just lots to do so please be patient with me. I type slow.

The next item I might post up is rear wheel carriers and maybe front bars. I will post some photos so you can see what I am talking about. But if anyone else has anymore things they'd like to see, please let me know.

Cheers
Chris

All very exciting really! I'm going through the buy a house thing currently too ... but eagerly waiting to see the customs estimates as the prices are very appealing!

Good work Chris.

as per email - this all sounds like good news, since I am hoping to kit out my Hilux

question - i may have missed this - how would the distrubtion of items work once the container arrives in the UK ?

I am certainly interested Chris, but rather than send you random wish lists, I'd rather wait until the pages are up as you suggested then pick the exact items from there. It's a case of not always knowing what you want until you see it.

I am certainly interested Chris, but rather than send you random wish lists, I'd rather wait until the pages are up as you suggested then pick the exact items from there. It's a case of not always knowing what you want until you see it.

Have to agree with Chris, def interested in a tank at that money though.

as per email - this all sounds like good news, since I am hoping to kit out my Hilux

question - i may have missed this - how would the distrubtion of items work once the container arrives in the UK ?

Think the plan is to unload at Lincomb and pick up from there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Think the plan is to unload at Lincomb and pick up from there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ah thanks rob

I would need to find a volunteer to bring my loot a bit further north if i get something :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Back