Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Box Solenoid needed?? Also a fix for sticky ones

Cptsideways

Garage
I had the dreaded auto box shenanigans, would pull away in 2nd only & go to 3rd but & no lock up. Pulled the codes & got a 63 & 64.

Two of the solenoids were duff in the transmission. However one was just blocked with crud, cleaned the valve parts & its working fine again. Second one is dead appears to have a fried coil. The other solenoids were showing signs of blockage & plenty of crud came out the other good one. It's an easy enough job if messy to get to them!

So I need a no1 transmission solenoid, anybody keep them or have any spares??? Its the one (of which there are two them the same) 85420-60020 fairly desperate for one this week, will see if Mr T can help but I'm assuming he'll pull my trousers down!

An update, I raped an old Soarer gearbox for a similar solenoid, however its all back in and working sort of... I forget to check if the solenoid was normally open or closed doh & its the wrong way round. In principle its working again, have all gears & overdrive just everything is back to front on the electrical selecting side of things. Makes for an interesting drive lol.

Its either pull it all part again or rig up a switching relay so its powered the other way round, means finding the loom & the wire to the relay, might be easier... or just get very oily again & bite the bullet & buy a new one ouch

It's working, rigged up a 5 way relay to swap the switching over at the solenoid & hey presto everything is now working as it should.

It's quite surprising now I can "hear" my relay doing its thing just how much switching about it does. On off throttle up down between gears, lift off etc. I reckon it does at 5 clicks from stationary to top gear lock up! quite surprising really.

Oh for a nice simple hydraulic box like my old 80 had, that was by far the best autobox I ever had.

Back