Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

auto folding mirrors

has anybody managed to do this so your mirrors fold in when you lock the car and fold out when you open the car ??
No, they are not susposed to do that on my 2004 100, I don't think, well not according to my Owner's manual.

mine fold with the switch but I was wondering if any one did a modification so that they do fold when you lock the car
Oh, I see, I don't know of anyone doing that, but I suppose it could be done with the right kit.

Good Luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did search there

in wondering if you could take a feed from the central locking to the power fold switch from the open and close ???
I think if it were going to be done it would have been done by now, although it might have been activated by Toyota on the later 100's towards the end of the run.

I think if it were going to be done it would have been done by now, although it might have been activated by Toyota on the later 100's towards the end of the run.

techstream I'm not even sure what that is?? I'm guessing its software for talking to the ECU maybe ??

Yes, thats exactly what it is, there are some on eBay, I've got one, as has many others on LCC.

Have a gander on eBay, but if you do get a Techstream and you have Windows 10 PC that is on 64bit, make sure that it states that it will work on Win 10 with 64bit.

Techstream is an inexpensive invaluable piece of kit for Toyota's, there's 101 things you can check or adjust, and if you do any work on your AHC suspension Techstream is a must. You can look at fault codes and clear them.

Search Techstream on here, there are lot's of threads, and lot's of Q's & A's.

Yes, thats exactly what it is, there are some on eBay, I've got one, as has many others on LCC.

Have a gander on eBay, but if you do get a Techstream and you have Windows 10 PC that is on 64bit, make sure that it states that it will work on Win 10 with 64bit.

Techstream is an inexpensive invaluable piece of kit for Toyota's, there's 101 things you can check or adjust, and if you do any work on your AHC suspension Techstream is a must. You can look at fault codes and clear them.

Search Techstream on here, there are lot's of threads, and lot's of Q's & A's.

that is very help full I'll have a look for it

I'm based in the canary islands (lanzarote to be exact) and that would be a very useful piece of kit I don't suppose you would need a certain type of ob2 cable ??

Your welcome,

No, everthing you need comes with the kit, Techstream on disc and a mini vic cable, that connects to your diagnostic port thas is under the dash up near the brake pedal (not sure if it's in the same loacation on a LHD, like you've got) it's not the diagnostic port that's under the bonnet, you'll have to be a bit of a contortionist to find it under the dash, when I bought mine I also bought an extension that connects between the mini vic cable and the diag port, that way you can have your Laptop on the drivers seat, or on the passanger seat, if you want to drive with it connected.

This is a picture of the port your looking for.

I think it is called, as you say OBD 11.

I also think, Toyota call it the '16 pin Diagnostic port'

P.S, would you like to exchange weather with us in the UK? :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

IMG_0498.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, everthing you need comes with the kit, Techstream on disc and a mini vic cable, that connects to your diagnostic port thas is under the dash up near the brake pedal (not sure if it's in the same loacation on a LHD, like you've got) it's not the diagnostic port that's under the bonnet, you'll have to be a bit of a contortionist to find it under the dash, when I bought mine I also bought an extension that connects between the mini vic cable and the diag port, that way you can have your Laptop on the drivers seat, or on the passanger seat, if you want to drive with it connected.

This is a picture of the port your looking for.

I think it is called, as you say OBD 11.

I also think, Toyota call it the '16 pin Diagnostic port'

View attachment 163858

yep I know where the port is

mine is a uk import RHD. the price of a 2and hand landcruiser over here is absolutely crazy they are still selling for 15k to 25k(euros)

got mine last year for 10k

I'll get onto looking for techstream. glad you mentioned it I got a code reader from europarts when I was back in the uk and wont talk to the car at all

so you mentioning this was great so thanks for that

yep I know where the port is

mine is a uk import RHD. the price of a 2and hand landcruiser over here is absolutely crazy they are still selling for 15k to 25k(euros)

got mine last year for 10k

I'll get onto looking for techstream. glad you mentioned it I got a code reader from europarts when I was back in the uk and wont talk to the car at all

so you mentioning this was great so thanks for that
You hit the nail on the head, a code reader is only a code reader, so it's prob a good thing that it won't talk, as you could have 'code history' that would only bother you if you could see them, it's a case of, 'what the eyes don't see the heart/brain does worry over'

What year and mileage is yours?

You hit the nail on the head, a code reader is only a code reader, so it's prob a good thing that it won't talk, as you could have 'code history' that would only bother you if you could see them, it's a case of, 'what the eyes don't see the heart/brain does worry over'

What year and mileage is yours?

mine is 2000 with 191k miles on the clock

I got it o 175k

Blimey, you've done a lot of miles on a smallish island.

yeah lots of places and other islands to go to and alot of offloading opportunitys I'm just glad diesel is cheap here currently 1.03€ at the moment

I couldn't afford to run it in the uk

yeah lots of places and other islands to go to and alot of offloading opportunitys I'm just glad diesel is cheap here currently 1.03€ at the moment

I couldn't afford to run it in the uk
Living the dream.

Back