Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Automatic and manual chassis

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Quick question, are there any differences between an automatic chassis and a manual one?

I seem to remember (when looking at drop boxes) that there was manual and automatic specific ones, some cross member in the way?

I have a 94 jdm petrol breaker and always wanted to do a body off resto to my 24v manual.

I wouldn't think that they are interchangeable without a lot of work if at all. AFAIK the engine mountings on a petrol are in a different place. I know one or two on here have converted auto's to manual but it involves making a custom made gearbox cross member amongst other mods.@Iwan on here may enlighten.

I made a new gearbox mount that accepted the manual gearbox rubber mount and it bolted onto the chassis with the original auto chassis mounts.

It was difficult to fit the oem manual mount as both mounts bolt to the chassis 2 bolts each side and an inner bracket. The direct bolt threads aren't there to bolt the incorrect CM to.

So a manual or an auto was designated on the production line. Unlike the 70 series which has all the threads needed for either gearboxes.

Back