Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Automatic boost controller install on a 1HD-t

dean780

Country Flag
brunei
Hello guys,

can anybody shed some light to how to install an HKS evc 10 automatic boost controller in a 1hd-t lc80 series, my mechanic tried installing it but he said there is no vacuum port that he can tap from the stock Ct26 turbo. any help is welcomed.:icon-cool:

I have never installed one on the 1hd engine, but I can tell you the following; The HKS boost control solenoid valve will need to be installed inline between the boost actuator and the turbo, now the following is what I am uncertain on with the 1hd engine;

like alot of other Toyota engines, to get the boost controller to work correctly you will need to disable the VSV and in order to do so, you can disconnect it either electronically, which is what I recommend. or you can cut a small bit off vacuum pipe off, put a bung in one and end connect this on the other side of the boost actuator and then place a bung inside the vacuum pipe that was connected to the actuator nipple to prevent any vacuum leaks. A quick google search shows that the VSV on the 1HD engine is located on what looks to be the side of the throttle body. It should be blue in color with a cylinder type shape coming off the top. You will need to override the VSV to enable your boost controller to work correctly.

I must once again stress that, I have never installed an EBC on this engine type so I maybe wrong, if I had the engine infront of me I would be able to work it out though. I would check with someone else too, but thats what I do personally! and give it a test drive O and make sure that the EBC has the all the values set to 0 then slowly increase them until you have your desired boost level, you don't want to crack a piston ringland or two!! (talking from previous experience, leading me to rebuild my 3sgte engine!! :whistle: )I'm not sure what PSI the fuel cut is set for either, I would need to look at the workshop manual!

hope this may be of some use!! you could always fly me out to brunei for a week or two!! :icon-cool:

Back