Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Autumn Club Meet

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi all.

After having a natter with a couple of other members I though I might make a proposal.

I have spoken to Tony S today about future events at Lincomb and he has confirmed that they are getting more and more busy with the horsey side so an autumn event is likely to be around or after the second week in October. The last thing I want to do is step on anyones toes so confirmed with him that he doesn't mind.

What I am proposing is to have our club meets still twice a year. One down at Lincomb (June as it is already organised) and another further north in the autumn to try and pursuade our northern brethren to meet up as we all know how good these sorts of weekends are.

I have been organising weekend meets for our local club for the last couple of years and would be happy to do so for all you guys.

I am thinking of Kirton Off Road Centre, 600 acres of off roading from the tame to the extreme and about 3 football size camping fields (some with electric hook up). I will be looking at charging the same as for the Lincomb weekend as long as we can get the number there. (bear in mind that 2 days playing at KORC is usually £80 plus camping) below is the price list for last autumn's Lincomb and these should be the prices we are looking at for the Kirton weekend
2 day pass. £65 per vehicle with driver and co-driver
(Includes camping facilities for Fri & Sat night)

2 day pass. £55 per vehicle with driver only
(Includes camping facilities for Fri & Sat night,)

One day pass. £35 per vehicle with driver and co- driver
(Includes vehicle pass on either Sat or Sun, camping facilities for either Fri or Sat night)
Day attending Saturday / Sunday

One day pass. £30 per vehicle with driver only
(Includes vehicle pass on either Sat or Sun, camping facilities for either Fri or Sat night)
Day attending Saturday / Sunday

I understand if you guys want to involve our existing catering team however if no one objects our local scout group would be very grateful of the opportunity to do some fundraising.

Also wondering if it is worth inviting the dark side. The way I see it is the more the merrier. It's not their fault they haven't seen the light.

And just in case anyone was wondering I do not intend to take any profit from the weekend. Any profit that does arise from the weekend will be put back into the kitty either for the following year, (may get a freebee eventually) or bits and pieces like that all with the focus of providing a better, more interesting weekend for us all.

So basically guys let me know what you think. Love it or hate it all replies welcome.

Thanks
Chris

Kirton always seems to get a big thumbs up from people who have been. It's not a thrash and trash site. Frickly is another site not too far away with very good combinations and camping too. Plus it has 4 armoured APCs that you can have a ride in!

Sounds like a good suggestion. Here are the two options. Have one Lincomb per year and nothing else. or Have one Lincomb and one somewhere else.

Now let me think :think:

Also not too far for you to limp home when you bust something Chris.

Runs and hides

Good idea, depending when, I will try and get across. Once all the pools are closed and renters gone, I try and make my annual trip to the olds Mid - end of October.
good luck with it

edit - ooh, just realised its just up the road from the olds!

Last edited:
Sorry Chris didn't quite explain myself maybe. What I was suggesting was 1 Lincomb and 1 other per year. Reason I chose Kirton was simply because I use it for our Club meets, know the guys who own it and can arrange it without too much problem.

Oh yeah and my workshop is about 15 miles away thank you very much Chris.

What are you on about? The choice is .. there is no choice. If we can't have two Lincombs then let's have one and another one somewhere else. What's to think about? Hell let's have THREE!

Hence me saying - Here are the two options. Have one Lincomb per year and nothing else. Or Have one Lincomb and one somewhere else. Which would equal 2?

Now let me think :eusa-think:

Just pick a date and let's get cracking. I need to get some more sausages in.

Sounds good Chris; well done for picking up the slack :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good idea Chris.

I have asked Tony in the past if we were able to go to the farm (lincomb) at other dates if it was good for him.

I was going to ask him if we could have the meet down there still in autum even if it isn't the usual planned meet. Ie who ever wanted to go could just pay for the weekend how we normally do and just have a few beers and a drive around without having the whole organised event with the punches and trials etc.

Karl

I'd still like to see 2 Lincombs and add Chris's proposal into the calendar. Having 3 or maybe 4 events reasonably equally spaced out through the year across both venues would be awesome.

You're just greedy and slider-happy. I'd like two Lincs as well, but given that it doesn't look possible this has to be the best offer. We need to keep the meetings going until such time as Tony has time in the calendar again. No reason we can't move it around. If we look at the virtual map of who comes some people have to travel huge distances - Isle of Wight and Edinburgh for example. Moving it to one end or the other will disadvantage a great many people I guess. So keeping it roughly central probably suits the majority. There is a sort of square in the middle of the country that covers that majority. Hull to Blackpool and Bristol to London. It's fair to say that up and down the country is generally easier then side to side. Especially in the middle where crossing from one side to the other is shocking. M1, A1, M40, M5 and M6 might be boring but they are good routes. Especially if you are on the back of a low loader.

Indeed I am Chris :icon-razz:, I love the weekend gatherings and happy to do more. So how about June's Lincomb + Karl's suggestion + Chris's Kirton. Would make for a fun filled year.

I'm happy to have a word with TOny and see if we can have more of a (meet up ) event. The usual beers talking etc and a poodle around.

If we did it like that all the organising and time that has to go into it wouldn't need doing. We could have the scouts still if people were up for it.

I'm happy to have a word with TOny and see if we can have more of a (meet up ) event. The usual beers talking etc and a poodle around.

If we did it like that all the organising and time that has to go into it wouldn't need doing. We could have the scouts still if people were up for it.

When I spoke to Tony today he said that would be fine Karl.

Sound Chris.

So it's either we do the first lincomb then a meet as you suggest Chris then an autumn event as mentioned above.

Im happy to do the three as it always a long time between the two usually.

As much as I'd like to come, the site sounds great,:cool:

but it would cost me about £120 in fuel plus the camping fees so it's a bit too much just to meet you rabble, once a year is enough.
(runs and hides) :character-luigi:

Sorry, the basis of my reply was on the strength that Tony has been indicating that meets were getting harder and harder to slot in. Hence sort of dismissing the Autumn meet there. I thought we'd had a post recently where this had been mentioned. I think there could be a possibiity that there WON'T be an Autumn slot, so we'd be better going to plan B before we all make plans to be in Stourport. Now if there is one on the cards then cool as.

I thought that it was the fact they take a lot to organise and run Chris.

Im happy to do whatever. I just think if Tony ok's it that we just have a meet up ourselves so they don't have to put the time in then could be a good weekend still.

Im happy to go with everyone else on this though.

As much as I'd like to come, the site sounds great,:cool:

but it would cost me about £120 in fuel plus the camping fees so it's a bit too much just to meet you rabble, once a year is enough.
(runs and hides) :character-luigi:

Pretty much what it costs me coming down to Lincomb Chas. OK Kirton is on my doorstep but that's not why I suggested it. If Lincomb were to go ahead I'd still be going (No offence meant in any way shape or form)

In Regards to Lincomb The information I got from Tony went thus.

Basically the events do take alot of organising and getting all the marshals etc together on a weekend that suits is a challenge. Laying out the punches and organising the challenges takes thinking about and marshaling and this all take people and time.
Tony is booked up at the farm until October and then has a trip planned and will not be back until mid October meaning that he would have to arrange a date for all the helpers to be available after that. Which is alot to sort. now if we all want to pile down there for the weekend, pootle, drink and chat then that should be OK. It's about what the members want (his words)

Now some people like the social side as much,if not more than the rest of the weekend (myself included remember last Lincomb I did less than half an hours driving and Chris didn't get much more ((Thanks for the help mate))). Therefore a weekend as described above is spot on.

The advantage of Kirton is that they are used to putting on events like this and have a huge arsenal of game and challenges that we can all take part in if we want from standard minters to fully kitted up monsters. There is a big bonfire pit for us all to gather round or alternatively I can provide a 6' steel fire pit so we can have a fire on site.

The downside is that it is going to cost money to put it on which I personally can not afford if there is no interest. based on the prices I posted we need confirmation of 30 trucks for the weekend(or a combination thereof. On the plus side I can guarantee a date the week after so plenty of notice will be given.

It's a real shame, but as a pensioner I have to watch the pennies a bit. :character-oldtimer:

:lol: Just happy to see you at least once a year Chas. We just need to watch our dress code I am sure people are talking about the fact we turn up to Lincomb in the same hoodie.:laughing-rolling:

Back