Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aux power with ignition off

Simon5030

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Guys,
Been a while!
Just off up the West coast to Cape Wrath on Friday and could do with a permanent power source to run a LED light for the tent, tried a search and no luck!
Some posts on other forums about bridging the ACC relay in the engine compartment but mine does not have that relay, think that was for earlier models?
Has anyone come across this problem/solution? easiest is to take a point off the battery (fused of course) but just wondered if there was an easy fix you guys have discovered?

Thanks
Simon

Fused off the battery as you say or any of the interior lights have a permanent feed on the 'Dome' fuse under the bonnet. Clock and radio will both have feeds. Nothing that's as easy to get to as the battery really.

Yeah fused from battery is what i put in for charge points when i took the LC across france.

I remember reading something on another forum (pradopoint?) About bridging something in the fuse box to make the cigar lighter permanent live?

Looked simple in the post. I toyed with the idea, but the chance of a flat battery put me off!

I believe @Graham on here did this mod to his 120 years ago. Perhaps he will see this and can comment

I remember reading something on another forum (pradopoint?) About bridging something in the fuse box to make the cigar lighter permanent live?

Looked simple in the post. I toyed with the idea, but the chance of a flat battery put me off!

I've been at home all day with manflu, web browsing...and found this:

It's a piggyback fuse holder! I've never heard of them, but it fits the pradopoint description of piggybacking a permanent live fuse, so I've ordered a few. I'm going to fit a permanent live usb out on the dash, and one in the rear.

Even better...the guy owns a 120 'cruiser. He's got some superb tutorials.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been at home all day with manflu, web browsing...and found this:

It's a piggyback fuse holder! I've never heard of them, but it fits the pradopoint description of piggybacking a permanent live fuse, so I've ordered a few. I'm going to fit a permanent live usb out on the dash, and one in the rear.

Even better...the guy owns a 120 'cruiser. He's got some superb tutorials.

Hey thanks for this, i managed to improvise with some fuse wiring but i didn't know those things existed
Looks like i will hunt some down and get them wired in!!

Thanks again
Simon

Back