Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aux pump and fuel issues

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
So.
With the Scotland trip getting closer I'm trying to find time to do some jobs on the truck. Working 7 days a week and running out of time I had today off to change my main fuel pump and do various other cruiser jobs.

My trucks been sat for a few years before me buying it and the fuel tanks dirty.

The last time we went landing I had the truck cutting out. I cleaned the sock on the pic up and put it back together. It's been better since.

Couple of weeks ago we went to the south coast and the fuel issues started again. The truck just kept holding back. Either air or fuel starvation.

This morning I swapped the pump and set it up. Set off home and the truck would hardly run. I literally limped back.

Once home I started looking at the twin tank set up. I bypassed the main solenoid but still the same. I then went to the aux pump and bypassed it. Hey presto. For those of you that don't know. The genuine aux pump has a filter in the bottom of it. Like the sock in the main fuel tank these can become blocked and cause a whole lot of issues.

Hopefully I can cross the fuel problem off the list and move to the other jobs I need to sort.

A bit more confident for the pending Scotland trip then Karl?

Hope all goes well, looking forward to the photos, but a dicey time to go to Scotland, surely, it rains all the time in the summer... :lol: IME.

runs and hides...

Glad you got a nasty problem sorted Karl. Every time one adds something it is another thing to go wrong. A standard 80 is quite adequate for most people. If extensive mods are needed one is probably using the wrong vehicle but I do understand the hours of enjoyment mods give during install.

(hiding at Clive's place).

I know what your saying frank.

When you buy a truck with everything on though you don't really have a choice.

It makes it harder when you haven't haven't done the work yourself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back