Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aviemore Christmas

silvercruiser

Hello

Now i have got all my summer holiday/trips out of the way im now focusing on my Christmas trip to Aviemore.

We will be heading up to Newcastle and staying overnight and completing our journey the next day.

Once im further into Scotland what will the roads be like at this time of year?

Anything i should see or do whilst up there?

Im sure the mighty LC will get us around nicely and it will be a good test for the new BF's

Christmas is rarely snowy in Aviemore (but can be :) )
Often the snow arrives between Christmas and Hogmanay

A lot of the things to do are outdoor activity related - skiing, mountain biking, quad biking, hiking,kayaking, fishing, sailing etc etc

Also lots of distillerys to visit and castles. Good microbrewery in Aviemore too
Many visitors head to cairngorm mountain and ride up the funicular railway at he ski centre.

Make sure you have somewhere booked to stay soon, things book up quickly at Christmas and Hogmanay

Cheers Andy
Walks are going to be the order of the day with the Dogs in tow. already booked a cottage so sorted in that department. Il have a look at the funicular railway.
Might sneak off on my own for the distillery's.:crazy:
I like the castles too.

Im hoping for Snow:pray:

If you need any ideas for walks, let me know. Do you prefer lower level walks or moutaineering ?

My in-laws used to live between Kingussie and Aviemore and we never had much issue during our yearly Xmas holidays up there. The (main) roads are fairly well cleared and nothing that the LC wouldn't take in its stride. Lovely area and my BiL lives up in Carrbridge (just North of Aviemore), so we still visit regularly.

However, there are snow gates on the A9 (Perth-Inverness section) near Dalwhinnie/Blair Atholl that can get shut if there are heavy snow drifts around the Drumochter Pass. Check before you leave.

It will be lower level walks, no mountaineering with the wife and daughter.
Quad bikes could be good. my Daughter(9) does like climbing about on things so maybe some sort of go ape type activity place.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Chadr. il be checking before il set off. im kinda hoping for a bit of white stuff. but it would be nice if it snowed once im there. Am i asking to much lol

Back