Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

awning for 4x4

The Bundu is an interesting product, but once again it opens the debate about which is the best all rounder. I'm not sure that I really need that much shade and the room that it takes up on the side is a compromise. It's no secret that I am a fan of the Foxwing, but principally because it has sides. That's the key for me with the experiences that I have had. Sides.

You can have 360 degrees of shade, built in drop down legs, sewn in solar panels, even a sun roof, but without sides it's just not going to cut it on a French campsite when it's hissing down.

thats my problem the RAIN
But only just looking this week so got lots of time to look around before Spain next year

thats my problem the RAIN
But only just looking this week so got lots of time to look around before Spain next year

I don't think it ever rains in Spain, does it Mike?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My fair lady tells me that the rain in Spain stays mostly on the plain.
However in the south we've just had the hottest June for 50 years, and currently it's mid 30s in the shade but around Soria they are suffering hail storms and the Picos has snow.
But IMO sides are good idea, not that I have any experience (soft top & no RR), because even in the south they will give you some respite from the hot winds that come from the Sahara.
I think I'd better start another thread re dehydration rather than hi-jacking this one.

Regards,

I am with Chris on this one entirely. No sides = no use. No matter where you are going, sides are always going to be the key. If you just need a bit of shade on your head, wear a hat.

As for rain in spain, i was in Barcelona all of last week, got 3 showers when out and about but honestly, it was so little water (compared to the bucket loads we get in the UK ) that noone in the group even bothered to get under cover.

photo5954055636109076950 (1).jpg
After a 5 min shower in Barcelona.

De-hydration is a major factor.

We're in the middle of the usual 30+ phase of summer, zero rain from June to the end of August.

It's 32 today... and very sunny...

I am with Chris on this one entirely. No sides = no use. No matter where you are going, sides are always going to be the key. If you just need a bit of shade on your head, wear a hat.

As for rain in spain, i was in Barcelona all of last week, got 3 showers when out and about but honestly, it was so little water (compared to the bucket loads we get in the UK ) that noone in the group even bothered to get under cover.

View attachment 128793
After a 5 min shower in Barcelona.

That has to be a winner of a photo (albeit the squiffy horizon :lol:) beautiful!

i went to north Portugal near the Spanish border a few years ago and it rain most days

Did a short trip in a lorry two years ago to north Spain and guess what it rain again

Plus will use it in the uk which if i remember its rains a bit as well

but in no rush.

Just spent half a day getting the mp4/mp3 player fitted

I want to see what the sides are like for howlingmoon swing awn.

The pictures should be here this month

Looks like a awning with the best parts of all of them.

Edit that Clive, end of September please. :icon-mad[/QUOTE]

Sorry Chas, would if I could, but you found out the hard way last year, first rain since the beginning of June 2016 (on our patch) fell on the day of your arrival, 19 August 2016.

Talk about Murphy's .... :icon-rolleyes:

Edit that Clive, end of September please. :icon-mad

Sorry Chas, would if I could, but you found out the hard way last year, first rain since the beginning of June 2016 (on our patch) fell on the day of your arrival, 19 August 2016.

Talk about Murphy's .... :icon-rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Was that last year Clive, I thought that was the first year.

Talk about Murphy's .... :icon-rolleyes:
Was that last year Clive, I thought that was the first year.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected Chas, 2015.

Time is flying by.

Incredible.

That's proper that is. You could certainly do away with a RTT and all sleep in that. It's heavier duty than the Fox but then the Fox has the tapered sides which give a much bigger footprint. I'd like to put one of those on my trailer.

Back